Issues with CPU cooling?

Kommando212

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hello, I just bought the H70 CORE corsair liquid cooling system for my FX CPU and while in the process of installing it i was in the final stages where all i had to do what just snap it on to the bracket and it wouldnt fit.... I found out that the clearance needed to screw in the screws but still have it attached isnt there. Am i just doing somthing wrong, did i just get a bad part? I have checked over the (very vauge) instructions multiple times and i have done everything correctly. So am i just making a rookie mistake or is this somthing wrong with corsair?

Kommando212

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Ill try but its hard to see with the light. But in essence the screws arnt long enough to have the cooler attach to the bracket. So the cooler is just resting on top of the cpu. I hope that gives you a better idea? but i have triple checked that. I have made sure that i have installed everything correctly.

ColoredWater

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

Well, that cooler was a huge pain to install it to a friends computer but I never had any problems like that although I'm not surprised you had a problem in the first place. Make your your screws are for that socket, the H70 has tons of screws but they wan't you to go through the pain to find the right one then they try and sell you a H100i :).

furry87

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
i have the h80 version and they are so awkward to put on, im getting an average of 35 degrees on idle with a 3770k @4ghz so whether i have it on right is beyond me as i thought it would of been a little bit cooler with it. so yeah check every thing to make sure it is fitted correctly.

Kommando212

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
I thought of that and that was to no avail. :/ i have used all the right screws checked all the fittings are right. Do you guys know how well the NZXT Havik works or what other air cooling would you suggest to replace this? I have spent hours trying to get it to fit so i am done with that POS

Kommando212

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Well the only thing that i could think of when i comes to compatability issues that it could have would be that i am useing AM3+ and not AM3. I know for a fact that they are interchangeable. but idk i maybe wrong?...