No video when starting

Erodedpretzel

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Alright so I just put together my first build. Everything went well when putting it together and when I turned it on, there was a black screen which gave information displaying the memory and motherboard and a few other things. It gave me the option to go to bios or continue. Without thinking, I hit continue. It then told me to pick boot priority in the bios to install the os and hit enter. I shut it down so that I could start back at the beginning. When I turned it back on, I now have no video. Nothing shows up on the screen. Did I completely mess it up? How can I fix this? :(

My specs:

*1 TB western digital sata 3
*Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
*ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
*128gb samsung SSD
*XFX Double D FX-785A-CDFC Radeon HD 7850 2GB
*CORSAIR HX Series HX750
*G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
*Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Erodedpretzel

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Well I tried unplugging the video card and plugging the hdmi into the mobo. This works but how can I get my video card to work? Do I need to do the initial setup and then plug the video card back in?

Erodedpretzel

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Well I dont have windows installed yet. It does go to the bios menu and let me change the priority and then start installing windows. When I plug the video card in, however, I get the error and a blank screen.

Erodedpretzel

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
I cant get into the bios with the gpu plugged in. If I turn to computer on with the gpu plugged in I will only get the blank screen. Do I need to leave it in the board but without the power cables and then enable in the bios?