PC gets no signal with any monitors after sleep mode

Vespidian

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Hi all, got something of an unusual issue with my PC that I have no idea how to fix. Essentially after putting my computer into sleep mode it now appears to have got stuck in some form of limbo between being awake and asleep. everything has come back on inside, lights are indicating that everything's working fine but all of the screens I try to connect are treating it as if it's still asleep ("no signal", low=power mode" etc). I've tried with 3 different screens, several different RGB cables, and have tried restarting many times, disconnecting from power, restarting the various screens but although the pc seems to start up as normal no screens ever get any signal, they recognize that its connected as input lists recognize the RGB slot as being active but still display no signal.

Does anybody have any advice as I can't see any way to fix this if I can't get it to display anything.

Vespidian

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Edit: Managed to solve the issue by removing the graphics card, CMOS battery and unplugging the main power lead from the socket then leaving it 10 minutes and putting it all back in and restarting. Everything seems to be working fine now.

(apologies for double post, tried to put this in first post as an edit but apparantly I'm not allowed.)