SLI, Afterburner showing different core clock speeds

dannydigital

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
Hey guys i got a quick question. When im running BF3 and i have Afterburner up showing my usage and core clock speeds, by the way i have 2 gtx 670's, it shows gpu 1 going slightly higher. Example: GPU 1= 1220.....GPU 2= 1160, does anyone know if this is normal and does anyone else have the same thing happen to them? I ve tried messing with nvidia control panel as i thought that having my physx setting on gpu 2 made it slower but i tried switching between the 2 and it didn't make a difference, at least it didnt show in afterburner. Any answers would be appreciated and im hoping this is just normal because its by a small amount, but you would think the exact same gpu's would be running the same core clock speed. thanks.

DM186

Splendid
Put your physx back to auto. I know when I play games my second GPU usage is almost half of the my first GPU and my temps are much lower than the first. As far at the different settings.

I have not really looked at it for sure but I will tonight and I will let you know tomorrow.

DM186

Splendid

Sorry for taking so long but my cards even though they are set even to each other my second card shows lower clocks than my first GPU. I use MSI Afterburner too and looking at the clocks on the graph.

My second GPU clocks were at almost half. So either my cards are doing something that shouldn't be happening or they are doing exactly what they are suppose to do. In line with the temps and usage.

So the answer is yes that is what they are suppose to do. Good luck.