Sign in with
Your question

What motherboard should I use?/What should I be aware of?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 24, 2012 7:06:25 PM

Hello,

1) I am thinking of buying a new processor (1155 socket), but at the moment I have a motherboard with a ''775 scoket''.
Will the motherboard with a ''1155 socket'' fit in the same case were the motherboard with a ''775 socket'' was in?
And will the HDD what is connected to the motherboard with a ''775 socket'' work with the motherboard with a ''1155 socket''?
Are there other things that I should be aware of before I buy a new motherboard?

2) What motherboard under 80,00 Euro should I choose if I want to play games like Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 and Skyrim?
Here is the link of the motherboard that I can choose from, and sorry for the Dutch language on the site.

More about : motherboard aware

a c 203 U Graphics card
a c 469 V Motherboard
June 24, 2012 7:20:47 PM

as long as the case is an atx case the mb should fit. the issue is how small or old is the power supply in the case. with a gaming pc you want a good 500w ps so that you dont have your rig shut down or bsod do to power problems.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
there are two chips out there the sandy bridge and the ib chips. the ones with the k atthe end are ones that can be over clocked. those are the ones that cost more. a g620 or i3-2100 would be the slowest 1155cpu i go with. if you can find a sb chip cheap then look at the older h61 chipset mb. if the cpu is not over clocked. you want one dimm 4gig as min ram.. as ram is cheap a 8g kits would be better. the min card for gaming would be a 560ti or a 7770 card.
also new mb comes a new chipset. most times if you dont format and reinstall windows then the older version goes into a reboot loop. you can sometime boot into safe mode and remove the older drivers...it can your but you may find that your set up is not stable.
June 25, 2012 12:51:59 AM

smorizio said:
as long as the case is an atx case the mb should fit. the issue is how small or old is the power supply in the case. with a gaming pc you want a good 500w ps so that you dont have your rig shut down or bsod do to power problems.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
there are two chips out there the sandy bridge and the ib chips. the ones with the k atthe end are ones that can be over clocked. those are the ones that cost more. a g620 or i3-2100 would be the slowest 1155cpu i go with. if you can find a sb chip cheap then look at the older h61 chipset mb. if the cpu is not over clocked. you want one dimm 4gig as min ram.. as ram is cheap a 8g kits would be better. the min card for gaming would be a 560ti or a 7770 card.
also new mb comes a new chipset. most times if you dont format and reinstall windows then the older version goes into a reboot loop. you can sometime boot into safe mode and remove the older drivers...it can your but you may find that your set up is not stable.

Is a PSU with 450 Watt also enough?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2012 1:04:54 AM

Yeah, a good 450 watt PSU will do fine for most builds, except for high end cards.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i5-overclock-p...
In that article they used a 430 watt PSU, and it performed fine.

smorizio recommended a Radeon 7770 or GeForce 560Ti, but these two cards are in different leagues. The 560Ti is way more powerful than the 7770, and also more expensive. He's right, a 560Ti is great for gaming, but it shouldn't be compared to a 7770.

As far as the HDD, and HDD will work with any mobo regardless of the socket.
June 25, 2012 1:35:19 AM

claysm said:
Yeah, a good 450 watt PSU will do fine for most builds, except for high end cards.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i5-overclock-p...
In that article they used a 430 watt PSU, and it performed fine.

smorizio recommended a Radeon 7770 or GeForce 560Ti, but these two cards are in different leagues. The 560Ti is way more powerful than the 7770, and also more expensive. He's right, a 560Ti is great for gaming, but it shouldn't be compared to a 7770.

As far as the HDD, and HDD will work with any mobo regardless of the socket.

I have the GTX550 Ti at the moment, and I think that it is performing good enough, the only thing is that the Core 2 Duo processor can't play games that require 4 cores properly.
!