Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Micro-Stutter Abomination

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 29, 2012 6:46:43 AM

I know I recently posted on a few boards trying to figure out this issue, without coming to a conclusion, I'm opening up a new one with far more detail in hopes of solving it. If you've come across any other posts of mine, please disregard them. With that, let's begin.
I recently built a new computer:
EVGA Gtx 570hd 2.5bg
Asrock extreme4
Gskill Sniper 8gb 1600
i5 3570k
Windows 7 x64 ultimate
So, here is the problem. When I first installed windows, everything seemed to run fine that I installed. Games I installed were Arma 2, Red Orchestra 2, and Shogun 2. (Along with a few others which I won't get into for the point of this topic) I installed all utilities that came with the motherboard.
Virtu MP
ASrock ExtremeTuner
Xfast usb
Xfast net (Or something along those lines)
Updating all the necessary windows files and utilities to their latest, I began playing Ro2 and for a time, it was running absolutely fine. Then, I powered off my computer and started it again, I began to have lots of hiccups. It would micro stutter and it became unplayable. I then went into Shogun. There were many graphical glitches and the after action report showed just white text without any buttons. I'll also note that when even loading the Ro2 game, the intro videos that played (A spent casing falling onto the game's logo) would stutter a lot. Shoguns menus would take time to load as I hovered my mouse above them. Bf3 had an equally strange bug where the ground would be green and textures would flicker. Something strange also happened, whenever I launched bf3 or shogun, window's theme would switch to basic. This doesn't add up when you throw in games like Arma 2 (A very cpu intenstive game) and Tf2, which run like butter and I have no problems with them. Skyrim stuttered on my first windows 7 install, but after the re install it ran fine, even with many graphical enhancement mods without problem.
So far, I can not come up with a conclusion and it's driving me insane. I've waited a long time for this build, and now some games just don't seem to function correctly. I don't know what's causing some games to switch the windows theme to basic, and why they stutter or produce very weird graphical bugs, even bugs that don't use any engine and are just a video playing back. (Ro2)
Edit: I also looked into the issue of core parking and I changed all my variables that I had to from 64 to 0 in regedit.

Best solution

a c 184 à CPUs
December 29, 2012 6:56:34 AM

Disable MVP and see what happens.
December 29, 2012 7:10:02 AM

amuffin said:
Disable MVP and see what happens.

So far, looks fine. Very strange though, I played with it on before flawlessly. I'll continue trying stuff out. Now comes the question, do I really need that utility? It's supposed to boost framerates by intertwining the apu and the gpu.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 79 à CPUs
December 29, 2012 7:12:34 AM

Virtu MP < dont use this. Dont use any of the virtue software, uninstall it at once. That will cause exactly your issues, it happend on my pc too. I would recommend uninstalling all of the asrock software unless you absolutely need it. most of it like xfast usb or xfast lan does nothing anyway, just an annoyance. Uninstall that virtue crap and enjoy :) 
a c 184 à CPUs
December 29, 2012 7:35:41 AM

Keep the tuner though, it's good for adjusting fans etc. ;) 
December 29, 2012 4:34:29 PM

iam2thecrowe said:
Virtu MP < dont use this. Dont use any of the virtue software, uninstall it at once. That will cause exactly your issues, it happend on my pc too. I would recommend uninstalling all of the asrock software unless you absolutely need it. most of it like xfast usb or xfast lan does nothing anyway, just an annoyance. Uninstall that virtue crap and enjoy :) 

The Lan stuff seems to help a bit on ping. Arma 2 online is very finicky so I think I'll keep it as long as it doesn't cause problems. You're life savers thanks to both of you.
December 29, 2012 4:34:45 PM

Best answer selected by Khangirey.
!