Welcome Screen "Widgets"?

June 2, 2005 10:14:03 PM

I know how to change the background of the Welcome Screen, but is there any
program that lets you run 'Widgets' on it? Like weather and such? Or is there
any coding to be done to the wallpaper that makes it act like Active
Wallpaper? If not, this would be a freaking awesome feature!

More about : screen widgets

Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:38:40 AM

No.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"chrisaroz" wrote:

| I know how to change the background of the Welcome Screen, but is there any
| program that lets you run 'Widgets' on it? Like weather and such? Or is there
| any coding to be done to the wallpaper that makes it act like Active
| Wallpaper? If not, this would be a freaking awesome feature!
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:38:41 AM

that makes me sad

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> No.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "chrisaroz" wrote:
>
> | I know how to change the background of the Welcome Screen, but is there any
> | program that lets you run 'Widgets' on it? Like weather and such? Or is there
> | any coding to be done to the wallpaper that makes it act like Active
> | Wallpaper? If not, this would be a freaking awesome feature!

June 3, 2005 11:27:21 PM

chrisaroz wrote:
> that makes me sad

Visit a pediatrics ward.

You won't be less sad, you'll be sad for a good reason.

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>

>>No.
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 2:28:00 AM

chrisaroz wrote:
> that makes me sad

You are sad...
July 11, 2005 9:16:54 AM

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hyaXNhcm96?= <chrisaroz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
news:D 41616B2-6E8F-4A7B-8CDA-050239617800@microsoft.com:

Why do you want to crowd your Welcome screen?? -
For extensive changing of the look of the welcome screen look at Style XP.

!