Sign in with
Your question

Need some serious PC help right now.

Last response: in Components
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
December 29, 2012 8:48:19 AM

So, I know this is a while away but sometime next summer (July / August) I am getting a custom PC. As it stands the components will be as follows:

Case: NZXT Phantom Enthusiast USB3.0 Full Tower Case (Black)

CPU: i7 3770k 3.50GHz Socket 1155 Processor (Overclocked to 4.375GHz)

CPU Cooler: Alpenfohn K2 Mount Doom CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO Intel Z77 (Socket 1155) DDR3

RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit

GPU: KFA2 GeForce 680 EX OC 2048mb GDDR5 (Am hoping to get one of the new 780s which should be out by then but for now I am going with a 680)

SSD: Intel 330 Series 180GB SSD

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional Soundcard

PSU: Corsair TX 750 V2 Bronze

Networking: Asus PCE-N53 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N600 PCI-E Adapter

As I am relatively new to PC customisation (not completely new I have done some things related to it before) I am not so sure if all these components will be compatible with each other or if they will all fit in the case. I know that at the moment we don't know how big the GeForce 780 will be but I would just like a rough estimation of all my components compatibility, if the CPU cooler will actually be the correct one for the overclocked CPU and if all the components will fit in the case properly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
thanks
-Luc

More about : question

December 29, 2012 11:09:11 AM

u have to check the manufacturers sites for everything like the cpu cooler u have to check the cpu which are compatible with the cooler and than check if the cooler fits in the case u have to check that too in the reviews or manufaturerers site how big the cooler can be
December 30, 2012 5:28:01 AM

Everything checks out:
Phantom supports ATX Motherboard, which your's is; motherboard is 1155 socket, which the CPU is; cooler supports 1155 socket; GPU is PCI 3.0 which your motherboard supports; memory also is compatible; mobo has SATA III connectors for the SSD and HDD; mobo has multiple PCI express expansion slots, so you can stick your sound card in there. PSU has enough wattage, but if you think you will ever go SLI then I'd up it to at least 800W.

All in all, pretty killer build.
!