water damage ???

I have a 6100 that was in a pocket when the heavens opened.

The top right of the phone was sat in water for some time.

Believe it or not the phone operates ok the only problem is I have no
display, the screen lights up but nothing appears on it.

I have took a can of PCB cleaner to it with no improvement other than the
fact its a bit shinier...

Im not sure whether to buy a new screen or not... any one offer any help as
to what may be wrong with it and if its worth repairing ?

--
THANKS
RICK

Yahoo ID: ricksvill

----------
http://groups.msn.com/accessforall
This is a new group set up to discuss the Disability Discrimination Act and
any other issues disabled people face along with their families, friends and
carers on a regular basis.
http://groups.msn.com/accessforall.
--------
2 answers Last reply
More about water damage

    give it a week to dry then think about buying a screen for it, Might be an
    idea to leave it off so it doesn't get any more circuits cross. I've had two
    nokias dropped in water for a good few seconds and have come out working
    both times (dodgy functioning) but after a week were fine. Never had the
    display totally blank out though. good luck.

    I would say it's cactus.

    Water conducts & destroys components & PCBs very easily. Hence the
    water-resistant phones.

    "Rick" <ricksvill@DONTSPAMME.blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > I have a 6100 that was in a pocket when the heavens opened.
    >
    > The top right of the phone was sat in water for some time.
    >
    > Believe it or not the phone operates ok the only problem is I have no
    > display, the screen lights up but nothing appears on it.
    >
    > I have took a can of PCB cleaner to it with no improvement other than the
    > fact its a bit shinier...
    >
    > Im not sure whether to buy a new screen or not... any one offer any help
    as
    > to what may be wrong with it and if its worth repairing ?
    >
    > --
    > THANKS
    > RICK
    >
    > Yahoo ID: ricksvill

    > http://groups.msn.com/accessforall
    > This is a new group set up to discuss the Disability Discrimination Act
    and
    > any other issues disabled people face along with their families, friends
    and
    > carers on a regular basis.
    > http://groups.msn.com/accessforall.
    > --------