ABI Networks

June 3, 2005 9:19:34 AM

I have an AdWare issue that I can't get rid of. I narrowed it down to an
instllation called "The ABI Networks" which of course creates ad popups on a
friends computer.

The name has been removed from the Add Remove box but the app is still
running. I can't get it to stay out of the HKCU_Run and I can't kill the
task without it coming back (quickly). I tried this in Safe Mode too, but
no luck. Not sure if it is running a serverice or not.

Ran several spyware stuff but can't get/keep it out. Ran Spybot,
Spyblaster, and more. I used Regseeker to search for it in the registry and
pull it out but it must still be there somewhere.

Help

--
Josee Oliviero
3325 Wilshire Ave.

More about : abi networks

June 3, 2005 4:05:23 PM

go to their website and use their uninstaller. That is what I had to do.

" JCO" <joliviero4@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an AdWare issue that I can't get rid of. I narrowed it down to an
>instllation called "The ABI Networks" which of course creates ad popups on
>a friends computer.
>
> The name has been removed from the Add Remove box but the app is still
> running. I can't get it to stay out of the HKCU_Run and I can't kill the
> task without it coming back (quickly). I tried this in Safe Mode too, but
> no luck. Not sure if it is running a serverice or not.
>
> Ran several spyware stuff but can't get/keep it out. Ran Spybot,
> Spyblaster, and more. I used Regseeker to search for it in the registry
> and pull it out but it must still be there somewhere.
>
> Help
>
> --
> Josee Oliviero
> 3325 Wilshire Ave.
> Grapevine, TX 76051
> 817.442.1846 hm
> 817.846.5532 cell

Anonymous
June 4, 2005 1:41:22 AM

I tried going to their site but I did not find it.
Just saw a bunch of Ads... just didn't look right. I guess they want to
make it hard to find on purpose.
I will look again.
Thanks