ASRock Z77 Pro 3
MSI 660ti PE OR Asus AMD Radeon HD 7950
ACE 750W BR PSU

Which GPU should i go for??
The MSI is cheaper by about £40 so im not THAT bothered

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
I prefer NVidia, but your gonna get the AMD fanboys too, NVidia has the 3d and physics capabilities and there pretty easy to OC,If you can afforrd it I jump up to the 670pe, the 660 is still a nice card.I'm really not up to date on the AMD cards I haven't owned one since my agp 9800pro, LoL (which was a great card)

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
Depending on the HD 7950 version, it may be a bit slower or on par with the GTX 660 Ti you listed.
If you're going to overclock, go with the HD 7950, otherwise the GTX 660 Ti will probably be the better option.
By the way AMD has 3D too (HD3D) and AMD cards are also compatable with PhysX.Nvidia just doesn't want you to know that.You can enable the option manualy in most games.

papablista

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012

See I told you I wasn't up on AMD Good to know though :sol:

You also should remember the features that GTX 660 TI brings.

Adaptive v-sync - Gives a smoother gameplay by enabling vsync when the FPS hits your screen's refresh rate and taking it off while it drops below.

PhysX which - Gives some sweet effects! I made a Little video of it, so you can see for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STi6rNeYZrY

FXAA - Provides decent AA without hurting too much on the performance.

TXAA - Provides the best possible AA.

Boost - Overclocks your GPU when needed, under heavy load or games/apps that uses higher core frequencies.

When the GTX 660 TI even is cheaper than the Radeon 7950 while on same level of performance, then I really can't see why anyone would pick the Radeon 7950 over the GTX 660 TI if gaming is the main concern.