bigal80ak

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
I did not get a chance to grab the msi or galaxy when it was on sale for 129 but there are these deals.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1961904&CatId=3669
Which comes out to 175 for me.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7192161&CatId=3669
Which comes out to 158$

Both are 560 TI IS it worth it or should i wait for the 660 and 650 which is probly coming out semi soon? PLus how long do you think a card like this would last about 6 years?

Just to edit the pny also comes with 8gb memory and bf3. I only game at 1680x1050 so not complete 1080p and that is the resolution i will probly stay at. I am not an enthusiast i am just looking for a card that will run good for a while and maybe 5 or 6 years from now still play games on low setting smoothly.

My 9500gt 512MB now runs max payne 3 and diablo 3 smoothly but it is running its course.

Solution
I'd go Gigabyte. I've had PNY cards and not had the best experiences with them lasting too long. Plus they're "lifetime" warranty is only the lifetime of their product on store shelves, i.e. it's almost out warranty. That and the Gigabyte card features an aftermarket cooler that will run quieter and keep the card cooler when gaming.

It's hard to quantify how long a card will last. Will it run for six years? Sure as long as you don't do any crazy overclocks and run it hot 8 hours a day on 1.3V. Will it play state of the art games at great fps six years from now? Probably not. I'd say if you go with a 560 Ti now you can count on 2-3 more years of decent fps in new games at 1080p resolution.

Personally, I've been running two GTX 560 Ti...

87ninefiveone

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I'd go Gigabyte. I've had PNY cards and not had the best experiences with them lasting too long. Plus they're "lifetime" warranty is only the lifetime of their product on store shelves, i.e. it's almost out warranty. That and the Gigabyte card features an aftermarket cooler that will run quieter and keep the card cooler when gaming.

It's hard to quantify how long a card will last. Will it run for six years? Sure as long as you don't do any crazy overclocks and run it hot 8 hours a day on 1.3V. Will it play state of the art games at great fps six years from now? Probably not. I'd say if you go with a 560 Ti now you can count on 2-3 more years of decent fps in new games at 1080p resolution.

Personally, I've been running two GTX 560 Ti in SLI for over a year now and I love it. One card will do the job in about any game I play, but running two allows me to crank of the AA and other details to the max.

Solution

fantastik250

Distinguished
If you plan not to overclock it and have sufficient cooling, it will last quite a while.

The Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti is cheaper and stronger than the regular PNY GTX 560.

So you can get it at that price. It depends on how patient you are. We just hope the 660 comes out soon.