Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need to buy graphics card within 1 hou. help !! HD 6850 !

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 25, 2012 12:37:11 AM

For the HD 6850, does sapphire, diamond, and whatever matter?

I'm looking at buying a sapphire HD 6850 for about 120 from my friend. thoughts ???
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2012 12:48:52 AM

Not really. The only difference will be which of the cards has the appropriate display out for the monitors you have.
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 12:54:27 AM

Nothing wrong with a Sapphire at all. Ive been running this 5870 of theirs for almost 2 years now and aside from the fact that it doesnt overclock worth a crap, its been just fine and dandy. Id buy another card from them.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 25, 2012 1:02:56 AM

gtx 460 vs hd 6850 ?
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 1:09:05 AM

Depends. If its the 256 bit, 1GB GTX460, that would be the one. That sucker will overclock like mad and give you some very good performance. If its the 192 bit 1GB or 768 MB version, then Id go with the 6850.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2012 1:18:53 AM

ayobmx said:
For the HD 6850, does sapphire, diamond, and whatever matter?

I'm looking at buying a sapphire HD 6850 for about 120 from my friend. thoughts ???


You can get a used 6870 on ebay for $120. Tell him to give you a "friend" price.

Heres a brand new 6850 for $115:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-HD-6850-1GB-256...

Same one but used for $100:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-AMD-Radeon-HD-6850-PCI...

Heres a used 6870 about to end an hour it's still at $115, probably will sell for $125-$135:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-AMD-Radeon-HD-6870-w-B...
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 1:24:34 AM

axe1592 said:
Depends. If its the 256 bit, 1GB GTX460, that would be the one. That sucker will overclock like mad and give you some very good performance. If its the 192 bit 1GB or 768 MB version, then Id go with the 6850.



oh dang. I have the 1gb gtx460 right now, how do I overclock that ?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2012 1:26:57 AM

ayobmx said:
oh dang. I have the 1gb gtx460 right now, how do I overclock that ?


You have a GTX460 and you're looking to "upgrade" with a 6850? :non: 
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 1:28:36 AM

stickg1 said:
You can get a used 6870 on ebay for $120. Tell him to give you a "friend" price.

Heres a brand new 6850 for $115:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-HD-6850-1GB-256...

Same one but used for $100:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-AMD-Radeon-HD-6850-PCI...

Heres a used 6870 about to end an hour it's still at $115, probably will sell for $125-$135:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sapphire-AMD-Radeon-HD-6870-w-B...


I'm about to just get a gtx460 since its relatively cheaper.. thoughts ?

My real situation is that my other friend's gfx just fried, and wants a new one, and with a 120 dollar budget, i think the gtx460 or hd 6870 would be his best bet ?
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 1:30:13 AM

stickg1 said:
You have a GTX460 and you're looking to "upgrade" with a 6850? :non: 


its for my other friend who's gfx just fried !


side question : how would I be able to oc my gtx460 ? :??: 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2012 1:37:32 AM

ayobmx said:
its for my other friend who's gfx just fried !


side question : how would I be able to oc my gtx460 ? :??: 


Grab a program like MSI Afterburner or Sapphire Trixx and adjust the core, shader, and memory clocks. Do small increments and everytime you change something do a graphical benchmark or stress test to ensure it's stable. Once you start to see artifacts, get frozen programs, or BSOD you've gone to far and you need to up the voltage or drop down a knotch or two. CAUTION: Adjusting the voltage is very dangerous and if you over-do it you will destroy your card. Look up a good FAQ for overclocking the GTX460. It's an old enough card that I'm sure there is dozens of guides available if you google it.
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 1:40:55 AM

can I just use the evga precision tool instead?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2012 1:43:45 AM

ayobmx said:
can I just use the evga precision tool instead?

Perhaps, I know nothing about this "EVGA Precision Tool" though. If it allows you to adjust all the clock speeds then I suppose it will work.
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 2:13:29 AM

I'm using nvidia inspector right now. my gpu clock is shaded, but I can manipulate the memory, shader and volt
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 2:17:11 AM

MSI Afterburner is a very solid overclocking tool. Its the only one I use for video card overclocking.
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 2:26:29 AM

axe1592 said:
MSI Afterburner is a very solid overclocking tool. Its the only one I use for video card overclocking.


elaborate on afterburner please? factors of ocing the card?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 25, 2012 2:26:56 AM

ayobmx said:
I'm using nvidia inspector right now. my gpu clock is shaded, but I can manipulate the memory, shader and volt


Just use MSI Afterburner. It will allow you to adjust it all. The GPU clock needs to be raised in unison with the shader and sometimes proportionate to the memory clock increase. Also you can create a custom fan profile to allow your fan to speed up at specific temps because with overclocking comes added heat. You will want your GPU's fan to hit 50% atleast around 55C and go up exponentially.
m
0
l
June 25, 2012 2:38:58 AM

ayobmx said:
elaborate on afterburner please? factors of ocing the card?


Not sure what you mean. That link takes you to the Afterburner website and there is plenty of information there which should answer your questions. Its simply a tool that allows you to adjust the speeds of your core, memory and shader clocks as well as possibly the voltage if your card allows.
m
0
l
!