Which GTX 670 should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleatoire

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2009
Hi there, I've just put together my new build but I still have one thing left to get; my graphics card and I'm in need of some advice. To me a GTX 670 seems like the way to go, however I'm unsure of which one to get.
I plan on overclocking myself so I don't need a factory overclock. What card would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
If your buying a 670, you are most likely going to be playing some heavy games at high resolutions so yes a reliable fan solution is optimal for good cooling. Most of the higher regarded partners, MSI, GALAXY, EVGA, while different, will give you an overall well-manufactured card.

I'd say go for a dual fan solution if you can find whatever partner supports that, and don't worry about. 680s, they are basically 4% better but 120$ more expensive.

And, the Kepler GPU processes is based of 22nm a architecture so if you have good ambient temperature, overheating should be a long lost memory. Mg

axe1592

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Everybody has their brand preference. I just mentioned this in another thread but I prefer Galaxy mainly because they have a rep that checks in on the HardOCP thread whenever somebody is having issues with one of their cards. This is the biggest reason I like them. Anytime a company is willing to get down in the trenches and hang out with us knuckle dragging enthusiasts, they get my respect. EVGA would be my 2nd favorite mainly because you almost never read about any problems with their stuff.

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
I like the Asus Direct cu II model mainly because it performs about 5-10% better than the other models. Also, the top model gets an automatic boost to up to 1313mhz which is a lot higher than what the specification shows. It is also the quietest gtx 670 you will have run time hearing the fan even when its running at 100%
The only downside is its quite pricy and at least $50 more expensive than the other models. But it makes sense since it beats most(if not all) of the reference gtx680s and even some of the overclocked ones.

Read the review http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

bctande1

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
If your buying a 670, you are most likely going to be playing some heavy games at high resolutions so yes a reliable fan solution is optimal for good cooling. Most of the higher regarded partners, MSI, GALAXY, EVGA, while different, will give you an overall well-manufactured card.

I'd say go for a dual fan solution if you can find whatever partner supports that, and don't worry about. 680s, they are basically 4% better but 120$ more expensive.

And, the Kepler GPU processes is based of 22nm a architecture so if you have good ambient temperature, overheating should be a long lost memory. Mg

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.