Solved

First ever built

Approximate Purchase Date: end of this month


Budget Range: 60000 ( ~ $650)


System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming & surfing the internet


Are you buying a monitor: NO


Parts to Upgrade: every thing


Do you need to buy OS: NO


Preferred Website(s) for Parts: galaxy.pk ( I live in Pakistan an this is the only website that provides reliable information of prices in my city as well as country)


Parts Preferences: coolermaster( casing) , Amd( GPU)


Overclocking: No


SLI or Crossfire not neccessarily but would be nice if possible


Your Monitor Resolution: 1600x900


Additional Comments: Need to have a window and not alot bling


And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I am upgrading to play games and my current system is outdated

plz help because i am new to this as well the availibilty of parts is very poor and I cannot import parts from other stores
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about first built
  1. a decent machine you can build is the following.

    CPU: i3 2120
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    hard disk: SEAGATE 500GB 3.5" HDD 16MB Cache
    RAM: KINGSTON DDR3 4GB-1333
    GPU: HD6770 (should do more than fine for the 1600x900 resolution you're playing at)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred (it was being awarded far too often compared to the much pricier coolermasters you're looking at)
    Power Supply: CORSAIR GS600W (CMPSU-600GUK)

    this setup should be within your budget. sorry if i failed on adding prices up but it was kinda hard to navigate in there and pick parts. well if it turns out beyond the 6000 mark you can use those parts as a reference and replace a couple.
  2. perishedinflames said:
    a decent machine you can build is the following.

    CPU: i3 2120
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    hard disk: SEAGATE 500GB 3.5" HDD 16MB Cache
    RAM: KINGSTON DDR3 4GB-1333
    GPU: HD6770 (should do more than fine for the 1600x900 resolution you're playing at)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred (it was being awarded far too often compared to the much pricier coolermasters you're looking at)
    Power Supply: CORSAIR GS600W (CMPSU-600GUK)

    this setup should be within your budget. sorry if i failed on adding prices up but it was kinda hard to navigate in there and pick parts. well if it turns out beyond the 6000 mark you can use those parts as a reference and replace a couple.

    Dont know why you picked an i3 to go with a z77, as the i3 cant even OC much.
    Kingston RAM also has high voltage.
  3. Nw333 said:
    Dont know why you picked an i3 to go with a z77, as the i3 cant even OC much.
    Kingston RAM also has high voltage.


    picked Z77 seeing that his options are limited so if he wanted a CPU upgrade in a 1-2 year timeframe he could go for some Ivy Bridge without having to change the mobo.

    picked the Kingston seeing it was a viable budget option from the website he linked. but anyway shouldn't the Corsair 600W be able to support it? i don't see why not getting those modules. well unless there's a restriction in Z77 module voltages.

    anyway, if you have a better setup to propose at his price range / local reseller / screen resolution be my guest :)
  4. perishedinflames said:
    picked Z77 seeing that his options are limited so if he wanted a CPU upgrade in a 1-2 year timeframe he could go for some Ivy Bridge without having to change the mobo.

    picked the Kingston seeing it was a viable budget option from the website he linked. but anyway shouldn't the Corsair 600W be able to support it? i don't see why not getting those modules. well unless there's a restriction in Z77 module voltages.

    anyway, if you have a better setup to propose at his price range / local reseller / screen resolution be my guest :)

    Here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eBHG
    High voltage may cause damage to the memory controller
    Hopefully the OP has those parts in the store hes buying from.
  5. the buld that u mentioned is almost with in my range but iwant to ask that withh the power supply u mentioned will i b able to power a hd 6970 or 7870 in future
    because i was thinking to save the remaining amount and later buy a better gpu
    i think the i3 might bottle neck the gpu i memtioned but I am looking to buy an i5 with asus p8b75
  6. Best answer
    saad1235 said:
    the buld that u mentioned is almost with in my range but iwant to ask that withh the power supply u mentioned will i b able to power a hd 6970 or 7870 in future
    because i was thinking to save the remaining amount and later buy a better gpu
    i think the i3 might bottle neck the gpu i memtioned but I am looking to buy an i5 with asus p8b75



    yeah both those cards will be fine, the CPU will do fine it's just it's not a great CPU :/ shoulda gon with the most basic i5 and it'll still kick the i3's ass since is a dual core processor but has 2 extra threads meaning your computer thinks it's a quad core processor such as the sandybridge i7's and the i5 will act like it has 4 cores :) just a recommendation for future upgrades. get an i5 now if you are under your budget or are willing to spend a little more.
  7. saad1235 said:
    the buld that u mentioned is almost with in my range but iwant to ask that withh the power supply u mentioned will i b able to power a hd 6970 or 7870 in future
    because i was thinking to save the remaining amount and later buy a better gpu
    i think the i3 might bottle neck the gpu i memtioned but I am looking to buy an i5 with asus p8b75

    7870 probably. Id go for atleast a 600 W with a 6970 since it consumes more power.
    If ever, it will just be a slight bottleneck. The i3 is an awesome dual core along with HT.
    A B75 mobo isusually for business class stuff, the H77 should still be good with an i5. ( unless you plan to OC and get a K chip, in that case a P67, Z77, Z68 kind of mobo should be looked at.)
  8. Frustrated n confused said:
    yeah both those cards will be fine, the CPU will do fine it's just it's not a great CPU :/ shoulda gon with the most basic i5 and it'll still kick the i3's ass since is a dual core processor but has 2 extra threads meaning your computer thinks it's a quad core processor such as the sandybridge i7's and the i5 will act like it has 4 cores :) just a recommendation for future upgrades. get an i5 now if you are under your budget or are willing to spend a little more.


    The i3 is a great dual core. >.>
    Its even beaten AMDs best hexacore CPUs in everything. (except multi-threaded tasks.)
  9. ok guys thanks for all your advice i ll buy an i5 and a b75 or an h77
  10. Nw333 said:
    The i3 is a great dual core. >.>
    Its even beaten AMDs best hexacore CPUs in everything. (except multi-threaded tasks.)


    i have had horrible experiences with 2 i3's in a row i really would rather not talk about it since i will only use intel i5 and up :)
  11. Best answer selected by saad1235.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product