Question about mounting a replacement fan for a 212 Evo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverhand7

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
So, my 212 Evo fan has stopped working, about to order a replacement off of Cooler Master's site, but from the picture on there it doesn't seem to have the clips that attach to the heatsink like my current one does. Is this an issue and how would I mount it to the heatsink like that?

Solution
Un-mount the fan from the 212 EVO. There should be some pads at each corner, peel those off and it will show the screws used to attach the clips to the fan. Unscrew them, rescrew to whatever fan your getting. Should then be able to clip it back on.
The 212 EVO should have come with a second pair of mounting clips so you can get another fan in push/pull, you could use that as well.
Un-mount the fan from the 212 EVO. There should be some pads at each corner, peel those off and it will show the screws used to attach the clips to the fan. Unscrew them, rescrew to whatever fan your getting. Should then be able to clip it back on.
The 212 EVO should have come with a second pair of mounting clips so you can get another fan in push/pull, you could use that as well.

Solution

Lol had to look for it latest best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.