Start Menu Icons

My manager asked me how to change the size of the Icons in the Start menu
window. We are running XP SP2. I went looking and found under the Advanced
Start Menu optionsa checkbox to "Show small icons in Start Menu" but nothing
else where you can select icon size. The goal is to make them larger for
ease of viewing. The only way I know is to reduce screen resolution. Any
suggestions?

How to Change the Font Style and Size of Menus and Icons
http://www.ehow.com/how_5180_change-font-style.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"windyoldman" wrote:

| My manager asked me how to change the size of the Icons in the Start menu
| window. We are running XP SP2. I went looking and found under the Advanced
| Start Menu optionsa checkbox to "Show small icons in Start Menu" but nothing
| else where you can select icon size. The goal is to make them larger for
| ease of viewing. The only way I know is to reduce screen resolution. Any
| suggestions?

You can also right click on the desktop, select properties, then the
appearance tab, then click the effects button, and select "Use Large Icons".
No need to mess around with font faces and sizes. Of course if you want the
icons any bigger you'll need to use the other method stated in the other
reply's link.

"windyoldman" <windyoldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My manager asked me how to change the size of the Icons in the Start menu
> window. We are running XP SP2. I went looking and found under the
> Start Menu optionsa checkbox to "Show small icons in Start Menu" but
> nothing
> else where you can select icon size. The goal is to make them larger for
> ease of viewing. The only way I know is to reduce screen resolution. Any
> suggestions?

Quest

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2004

"Sonic Intuition" <sonicintuition@adelphia.net> wrote in

For ease of viewing also look at the Accesibility Viewer. If you change
the font size you may render them unreadable.