Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GAMING DESK

Tags:
Last response: in Systems
August 14, 2012 10:57:05 AM

So, whats a good gaming desk? I want a desk that is L shaped and has alot of room for my pc and monitors...
thx guys and i dont really want any suggestions from the golioth desks from ikea as good as they are!

More about : gaming desk

Related resources
August 14, 2012 11:29:18 AM

I dont know your budget, what you need and where your going to buy. That said, cant give any suggestions. Which is also why I asked you to fill out the new build advice form.
m
l
August 14, 2012 11:32:43 AM

@Nw333, I know you are all excited to answer a new question and that's good since participation is encouraged, but the user is asking for gaming desk recommendation, not on building a gaming desktop!!

@PO, wouldn't that highly depended on your personal preference on furniture and the amount of room you have?
m
l
August 14, 2012 11:33:37 AM

Pyree said:
@Nw333, I know you are all excited to answer a new question and that's good since participation is encouraged, but the user is asking for gaming desk recommendation, not on building a gaming desktop!!

Thought he meant desk = desktop. My bad D: sorry. Dont really know any desks out there. Just have one custom made from a local furniture shop( dont know if thats even possible o.o)
m
l
August 14, 2012 11:36:19 AM

Yea, i just want to know what a good desk you reccomend is. Money is no problem i don't have a budget just the best desk for what i need out there :p 
m
l
August 14, 2012 11:40:25 AM

No laminated wood or particle board. For me those desk don't last because the sweat from gaming. Must be hard wood, currently the desk is oak and over 10 years old. Also, it is not a flat pack desk. It's already all glued up in the workshop, so no wobble what so ever. Suggest you go to op shop, they sometimes have nice old furniture that may just be what you need and within budget, as well as recycling for the environment and money for good course.
m
l
August 14, 2012 11:48:58 AM

Pyree said:
No laminated wood or particle board. For me those desk don't last because the sweat from gaming. Must be hard wood, currently the desk is oak and over 10 years old. Also, it is not a flat pack desk. It's already all glued up in the workshop, so no wobble what so ever. Suggest you go to op shop, they sometimes have nice old furniture that may just be what you need and within budget, as well as recycling for the environment and money for good course.

Ok thx, do you have a specific desk in mind? Or do you reccomend having a look around to see what suits my needs best?
m
l

Best solution

August 14, 2012 11:53:04 AM

As long as it won't fall apart from palm sweat (if you are sweaty), solid and not wobble, the surface is smooth and level, enough space so you can fit what you need on it with sufficient space to move your hands and it is of comfortable height, then it makes a good desk. Have a look around is the best way to find what fits your need.

There is a carpenter workshop near my place that can custom make furniture. My current desk was bought from there, but of course, I didn't custom made mine, it's just one of the pre-made desk on the floor. So if money is not a problem, then a custom made desk is another way to go.
August 14, 2012 11:59:46 AM

Best answer selected by bayman115.
m
l
August 14, 2012 12:25:48 PM

Realize i'm a bit late, threads already answered.

Invest in some shelves near your Desk as well. If its up against a wall, get a floating shelf from IKEA and mount it somewhere in easy reach. That way desk clutter that isnt immediately useful can just be put there, instead of micro managing piles of stuff on the desk.

Currently I have two shelves, one's built into the desk above it and the other on my left, both are full of random books, cups, discs (even an old motherboard with an Athlon X2 inside), while my desk is completely clear. Without these shelves, I would have had to get proactive about clearing my desk! :lol: 
m
l
August 14, 2012 12:40:31 PM

manofchalk said:
Realize i'm a bit late, threads already answered.

Invest in some shelves near your Desk as well. If its up against a wall, get a floating shelf from IKEA and mount it somewhere in easy reach. That way desk clutter that isnt immediately useful can just be put there, instead of micro managing piles of stuff on the desk.

Currently I have two shelves, one's built into the desk above it and the other on my left, both are full of random books, cups, discs (even an old motherboard with an Athlon X2 inside), while my desk is completely clear. Without these shelves, I would have had to get proactive about clearing my desk! :lol: 

Ok, so a desk with shelves :)  sounds good mate THX
m
l
!