Guild Wars 2 Gaming Rig ($700-1000 Budget)

applejuic3

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: End of August - Early September

Budget Range: $700-1000 After Shipping / Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Guild Wars 2, Sims 3 (wife's game), Surf, Movies

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Everything, except for Video Card.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg is ideal, but other websites are okay.

Parts Preferences: Preferably Intel CPU, other than that, I'm open to anything.

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution:1920x1080

Additional Comments: Will be playing Guild Wars 2 and Sims 3. I will either be using two small speakers, speakers from a monitor or from my headset, so I am not sure if I need a sound card or not.

My main goal is to be able to achieve and play comfortably with max settings on Guild Wars 2, in which I will be playing WvWvW a lot. Ideally, I want to spend as little money as possible, but I am willing to spend anywhere between $700-1000 depending on the suggestions/builds that are posted.

Also, I have a laptop where I do my freelance writing and majority of surfing/playing around. This computer, at least for the time being, will be exclusively for gaming. Later on, I will purchase a hard drive to achieve more space.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Built my own desktop in July, 2007. Time for an upgrade.

My dad hooked it up on my birthday with this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121446

Other than that, I'm starting on a clean slate.

I've done a lot of research, taken some advice from various build suggestions on here.
So far, I have come up with this:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/eBz5

I didn't put a keyboard in there, but I'm open to suggestions for one. I don't want to spend too much on a keyboard though.

Thank you, in advance.

applejuic3

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Wow, that is a complicated mouse!
It looks quite helpful, though.

I can't wait!
I've been watching countless videos since I'm just using my laptop right now, which has no possible way of running the game, so I haven't bothered to pre-purchase :(