orancanoren

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Hey guys, i am buying a new system:

CPU: intel coore i5 3570k

GPU: Sapphire HD 7970 GHz edition Vapor-X 3GB

MOBO: MSI Z77A-G45

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 MHz

so i may buy another 7970 GHz in future but i was wondering if my cpu would bottleneck or not?

A pair of HD 7970 GPUs would need a serious workload to bottleneck an Ivy Bridge i5. If you are going to overclock then don't worry about it. IMHO overclock the i5-3570k to an effortless 4.5GHz and call it done. Add your second GPU when you see fit.

EDIT: Don't forget an aftermarket CPU cooler if you are going to overclock.

orancanoren

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

nice to hear that! well what if i dont oc so much i mean i am a newbie about overclocking i havent done any serious oc yet do u think i can face some problemswith stock clock or oc to 4 GHz maybe 4.1

best answer,end of the thread!

DeusAres

Distinguished
Good god, you people are pushy. Perhaps he wants more opinions...

Even the older and weaker chips such as the amd phenom ii x4 965 isn't having too much trouble running these newer cards. You shouldn't have any problems with bottlenecks at least until 3 years...perhaps even longer.

The stock cooler will keep temps in check if you are NOT overclocking. You might get to an overclock of 4GHz before heat becomes an issue with the stock cooler (this also depends on case fans and airflow through the case). It is just safe to add an aftermarket cooler now. $30ish goes a long ways to keeping temps down in both cases (overclocking or not).

Inferno1217

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
i7 will not help with a gaming bottleneck. The fact is you lose performance with HT in gaming . you wont have to worry about bottlenecking any time in the near future.

centaurius

Distinguished
May 2, 2012
The CPU is just fine. I have the same one with a gigabyte z77x-d3h works great. With 1 card, stock speed of this CPU is fine, with CF or SLI just go up to 4.0GHz and see how it goes, try 4.4GHz and see if there's a big difference, if not lower the CPU no need to keep it all the way up...