Sign in with
Your question

Is this gaming pc build any good? (Upgraded)

Last response: in Systems
August 14, 2012 1:54:22 PM

Hello,

Hello tomshardware community, i want to know if this premade computer is any good =D. For games life battlefield 3, guild wars 2, crysis 2 and 3 and medal of honor warfighter.

- Inter Core i5 3570k 3.3ghz unlocked
- Asus z68 motherboard
- 8Gb Ram ddr3 heatsink 1600mhz
- Gtx 670 Ndivida 2gb graphics card
- 1tb sata 3 hardrive
- 24x ASUS Dual Layer DVD burner
- Onboard 7.1 CH High Definition Audio
- ASUS Wireless Network
- 800 Watt PSU
- 19"(18.5") ASUS Full-HD LED Monitor
- 2 Years (24 Months) Limited Return to Base Warranty
+ Lifetime Technical Support
August 14, 2012 2:06:12 PM

Pretty solid all around.

The GTX 670 is a great GPU and you can't go wrong with the i5-3570k. I would question the quality of the HD, PSU and MEM. Do you know brands / models? On top of that, are you getting an aftermarket CPU cooler or is that with the stock cooler? If aftermarket, do you plan on overclocking?
m
l
August 14, 2012 2:20:20 PM

it is a stock cooler, the hd monitor is Asus and i dont know the brand of the ram but the psu is either thermeltake or widetech (i think its thermeltake)
m
l
Related resources
August 14, 2012 2:29:58 PM

atos28 said:
it is a stock cooler, the hd monitor is Asus and i dont know the brand of the ram but the psu is either thermeltake or widetech (i think its thermeltake)

...and there is the trade off for a prebuilt vs. building yourslef. You will probably be fine, but few system builders would choose those specific parts (PSU especially). For a prebuilt is isn't horrible though.. With a stock CPU cooler you aren't going to get much overclocking headroom. Either scale back the CPU (non-K series) or add an aftermarket CPU cooler and overclock. No need to be in the middle there with a K series CPU and stock cooler...

If you can...
-Upgrade the PSU to a Corsair, Antec, XFX or Seasonic
-Be sure the memory is 1.5v (1.65v will work, but isn't ideal).
m
l
August 14, 2012 3:49:08 PM

This is more than sufficient to play games on high and ultra.. how much is the build coming upto?
m
l
August 15, 2012 7:58:22 AM

is the Copper/Aluminum Tower CPU Cooler with Fan good for over clocking? its the next stage up from stock.
m
l
!