Is this gaming pc build any good? (Upgraded)

Hello,

Hello tomshardware community, i want to know if this premade computer is any good =D. For games life battlefield 3, guild wars 2, crysis 2 and 3 and medal of honor warfighter.

- Inter Core i5 3570k 3.3ghz unlocked
- Asus z68 motherboard
- 8Gb Ram ddr3 heatsink 1600mhz
- Gtx 670 Ndivida 2gb graphics card
- 1tb sata 3 hardrive
- 24x ASUS Dual Layer DVD burner
- Onboard 7.1 CH High Definition Audio
- ASUS Wireless Network
- 800 Watt PSU
- 19"(18.5") ASUS Full-HD LED Monitor
- 2 Years (24 Months) Limited Return to Base Warranty
+ Lifetime Technical Support
5 answers Last reply
More about gaming build good upgraded
  1. Pretty solid all around.

The GTX 670 is a great GPU and you can't go wrong with the i5-3570k. I would question the quality of the HD, PSU and MEM. Do you know brands / models? On top of that, are you getting an aftermarket CPU cooler or is that with the stock cooler? If aftermarket, do you plan on overclocking?
  2. it is a stock cooler, the hd monitor is Asus and i dont know the brand of the ram but the psu is either thermeltake or widetech (i think its thermeltake)
  3. atos28 said:
    it is a stock cooler, the hd monitor is Asus and i dont know the brand of the ram but the psu is either thermeltake or widetech (i think its thermeltake)

...and there is the trade off for a prebuilt vs. building yourslef. You will probably be fine, but few system builders would choose those specific parts (PSU especially). For a prebuilt is isn't horrible though.. With a stock CPU cooler you aren't going to get much overclocking headroom. Either scale back the CPU (non-K series) or add an aftermarket CPU cooler and overclock. No need to be in the middle there with a K series CPU and stock cooler...

If you can...
    -Upgrade the PSU to a Corsair, Antec, XFX or Seasonic
    -Be sure the memory is 1.5v (1.65v will work, but isn't ideal).
  4. This is more than sufficient to play games on high and ultra.. how much is the build coming upto?
  5. is the Copper/Aluminum Tower CPU Cooler with Fan good for over clocking? its the next stage up from stock.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Asus Systems