Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cpu fan problem (noctua nh-d14)

Last response: in Components
a c 886 à CPUs
December 29, 2012 4:17:20 PM

Which one is right! The Asus shows the speed based on temp but the rpm on the side bar does not %, speed fan shows 100% which does not match the temps, aida64 shows similar to what it is supposed to be at its temp reading. I believe there are settings in the Asus program that need tweaking.
Score
December 29, 2012 4:33:06 PM

rolli59 said:
Which one is right! The Asus shows the speed based on temp but the rpm on the side bar does not %, speed fan shows 100% which does not match the temps, aida64 shows similar to what it is supposed to be at its temp reading. I believe there are settings in the Asus program that need tweaking.

well if you told what settings neet tweaking... because i can't find anything to do, yet i tried repluging cpu fan pin again and again, reinstalling the whole asus program, stressed the cpu to see if the fan rpm is changing but no luck. the fan stays at 900 rpm at all times while it should be as shown in aida... it irritates hearing the cpu fan all the same noise even when cpu is 100 load.
Score
Related resources
a c 886 à CPUs
December 29, 2012 4:34:55 PM

What about smart fan or any fan settings in BIOS?
Score
December 29, 2012 4:57:41 PM

i can't find any fan controls in bios except for monitoring which is useless (shows the same as the asus program) well i could try updating the bios or reading some manual for some more information. the "smart fan" - is it a program or something in bios?
Score
a c 886 à CPUs
December 29, 2012 5:28:32 PM

It differs what settings are called in BIOS but usually if you want fan control it is a BIOS setting that has to be enabled. Check your board manual they are pretty good at explaining BIOS settings.
Score
December 30, 2012 1:31:34 PM

hello again. Kinda no luck, i found the control of the fan in bios so i set it to manual and made it like i want but after restart it only changed the settings in asus AI suite II program which i could change previously... the cpu fan is still at same rpm and doesn;t want to do anything about that. there are no more stuff about fans in bios at all. This means i have to try reupdating the bios... i wonder what's broken, the motherboard or the fan itslef. Note, the other chasis fans are working exacly how they should be, if i test them in the same ai suite they go ramping hard at 100% and do their best:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Score
a c 886 à CPUs
December 30, 2012 1:36:34 PM

You should be able to test the fan on a chassis fan plug since they are compatible.
Score
December 30, 2012 2:10:10 PM

ok it is that little tiny 4 pin cpu fan connector on the mother board... i wish it was the fan broken but now.. what should i do... what would you do man? and there's the proof - puting there chasis fan:
Score
a c 886 à CPUs
December 30, 2012 2:28:37 PM

You could RMA the board if you cant live with it running around 1000rpm which is low for a fan anyway.
Score
December 30, 2012 2:52:33 PM

i bought this computer's parts few days ago and built it up to be quite good... i'm into overcloking a bit and if my cpu fan is malfuctioning then it's bad. another question would be, have you ever heard about addon fan controlers that you can buy on the market..? would they work despide the fact motherboard is malfunctioning?
Score

Best solution

a c 886 à CPUs
December 30, 2012 2:57:57 PM

Add on fan controllers are independent of motherboard so they should work.
December 30, 2012 3:05:34 PM

ok man that's all i had to ask. You helped me a lot. Thank you very much!
Score
December 30, 2012 3:05:45 PM

Best answer selected by rank4.
Score
!