Miaule

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Hello, I've had the pc for a while, and it's been stored for a while and I took it out to try it out. It didnt power on, pressing the power button did nothing, no fans, no lights. I assumed the power supply was done, but when I did the "paper clip test" the fan on the power supply worked. I am stumped, if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Everything on the PC is still the stock parts.

I would remove the main atx 24 pin power supply connector to the board, and also the motherboard round "button" battery for one minute with the power supply disconnected from the back of the case, and reinstall both. This procedure will reset the board bios. If the cpu fans turn briefly or a board light comes on, this means the board is getting power. Then try the power switch again.

Miaule

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

I tried this, when I plugged everything back in, nothing happened. Yet, when everything is connected and I do the paper clip test on the atx 24 pin power supply, everything seems to start up, but nothing is visible as the motherboard isn't being powered. Any ideas ?

I thought it could be the power switch that wasn't working so I unplugged it and attempted to short out the power button pins but nothing happened. Is the problem with my motherboard ?