Sign in with
Your question

7850 vs 7850 OC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 25, 2012 12:56:14 PM

Ok, probably a quick question with a simple answer, so simple I can't find this out on Google...

Chosen my GPU and opted for the Sapphire Radeon HD 7850. I have come up with two Manufacturing numbers for this part.

11200-00-20G which is described as:

"SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 7850 - 2 GB GDDR5"

and 11200-01-20G which is described as:

"SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY Radeon HD 7850 OC - 2 GB GDDR5"

Only difference here is the OC, which I presume stands for OverClocked, which again I presume would make it a tad faster, and therefore a tad more expensive...

However on this page it has the non-OC version is listed as costing £225.86 and the OC version is only £181.90

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/772/665/xx/103/9/criter...

I've made a lot of assumption thus far so can someone tell me what the difference is...

Thanks for your help in advance...

Drew

:hello: 

More about : 7850 7850

June 25, 2012 1:16:53 PM

Website error, click on the links, the price differences is £10

you are right it is just the OC for extra £10

NON OVERCLOCKED: £225.86
OVERCLOCKED: £235.80
Related resources
June 25, 2012 4:58:25 PM

Go for the non OC version and then OC yourself, same performance with less money
June 25, 2012 5:23:17 PM

Thanks for the replies all. Website error it is...

Dangi said:
Go for the non OC version and then OC yourself, same performance with less money

This is good advice also... No point in putting a rig together without learning how to do this kind of thing.

Ta all...
June 25, 2012 5:39:58 PM

get the normal one. if you want to overclock it yourself. I mean literally, the factory oc one is only 60 mhz faster. get whichever is cheaper and OC to that level or higher.
June 25, 2012 5:43:30 PM

here is the difference between stock and overclock.

only 6 or 7% increase in performance better to get the HD 7870.

June 25, 2012 6:51:06 PM

PigeonCake said:
Thanks for the replies all. Website error it is...

This is good advice also... No point in putting a rig together without learning how to do this kind of thing.

Ta all...

With EVGA PrecisionX is easy to OC, and if you don't know too much just OC your non OC version to became the OC version, if the OC version is 60Hz faster you just have to push your's 60Hz.

Also with trial and error you can go up close to 1Ghz, but is better to not push that far
June 25, 2012 6:58:44 PM

Related question:
Do you need a special cooler/fan and a certain type of motherboard to OC a GPU?
June 25, 2012 7:03:18 PM

Dangi said:
With EVGA PrecisionX is easy to OC, and if you don't know too much just OC your non OC version to became the OC version, if the OC version is 60Hz faster you just have to push your's 60Hz.

Also with trial and error you can go up close to 1Ghz, but is better to not push that far

yes that is the point, if he IS going to overclock, why buy the one on overclock? buy the cheapest one and do overclock himself... now if he doesn't want to overclock, go with the one with higher clock, since they both are the same, same coolers and specs, the warranty is avoided on overclocking and if you don't want to avoid that go with the overclocked model.
June 27, 2012 6:23:01 PM

ricardois said:

yes that is the point, if he IS going to overclock, why buy the one on overclock? buy the cheapest one and do overclock himself... now if he doesn't want to overclock, go with the one with higher clock, since they both are the same, same coolers and specs, the warranty is avoided on overclocking and if you don't want to avoid that go with the overclocked model.

I think I'll buy the unclocked one because if I buy the pre-clocked one I won't learn anything about over-clocking...

Thanks for the pointers people... :hello: 
!