Powercolor 6850 consistent failures?

__Blackjack__

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Alright guys, this is my first time on the forums, so If I sound like an idiot, I apologize. About 6 months ago, I built a rig. The specs are:

Intel Core i5 2500k
Asus P8P67 Mobo
Some seasonic 520w PSU
MEM 4Gx2|CORSAIR CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R
CASE FRACTAL DESIGN|DEFINE R3 TI R

For a monitor I'm using a 32' OLEVIA Telvision

I'm pretty sure that's all the important stuff, so I'll get down to the problem. Around 3-4 months after I built the rig, it started having this weird thing where when I got to my desktop, it would cut out just a tiny bit of the entire left side. I could fix this by switching the resolution then switching back. Then, it started when I turned my computer on, nothing happened, and if I restarted it then it would work. Then it just stopped working altogether. I had a 2 year warranty on it, so used that. I now have the same GPU, and it's starting to show the same symptoms. I'm currently broke (I'm only 14.. and I don't have a job :??: ) So I don't want to get a brand new GPU. If anyone knows the solution to this, please share.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The only graphic cards I've ever had problems with have been Powercolor. That being said, if they replaced the 1st one with a new one (not just 'repaired' it), then the card is probably not the problem, unless you're extremely unlucky. I presume you are running a virus program...
First let's be sure the problem isn't software related. Start by running CCleaner and doing the Clean and Registry both. http://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Then let's be sure the driver isn't the issue. Uninstall the existing driver and run Driver Sweeper from Safe Mode. http://phyxion.net/item/driver-sweeper.html
Have it remove any remnants of AMD and Nvidia graphics drivers it finds. Reboot and install the latest driver for your card and operating system... Or, you may want to run Windows Update and let it install the driver it finds for your card.

If the problem persists, check you HDTV's manual to be sure you are using the correct HDMI port for PC use. My Samsung 32" requires that the PC be connected to HDMI port #2. Any other HDMI port gives a poor display.

Also, if the problem continues, If you can borrow a std monitor, try it for awhile and see if the issue is gone.