Sign in with
Your question

PC starts then immediately turns off again (power sw)

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Cases
  • Power
  • LED Monitor
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 14, 2012 5:53:22 PM

First off this is my first attempt at new build..

Just brought a new case (aerocool x predator) and PSU (AX 650 corsair) connected it up to my motherboard (Cleveland-GL8) which ould had taken note im having to recycle from my older HP case ( http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume... ) but I think im messing the power sw cable up and H.D.D LED and -p LED +p LED ...

Iv tryed to look for manuals but I cant find any..

Ive supplied some pictures, the first is the power sw cable position when it spins fans for half a second and lights on case come on but all goes straight off the second is with nothing plugged in.

Please help lol, sat here with newCase, PSU, GPU and RAM but can't get it to work... :( 

More about : starts immediately turns power

August 14, 2012 5:59:35 PM

Im also a little confused about the position on the vcc1 usb1- ubb1+ gnd1 cable
August 14, 2012 6:03:09 PM

Sometimes componies like dell willl use components that only work with certain componts, like mobo, powersupply, case.
Related resources
August 14, 2012 6:04:50 PM

No? I asked around before buying I do hope this isnt the case. So I assume you cannot see or think of a problem other than that? Thanks
August 14, 2012 6:12:25 PM

I personally can't but other people might, It sure work seeing that you asked though
August 14, 2012 6:24:03 PM

thru trial and error I believe the powers fine, could it be the power supplies to much? very random im sure but im racking my brains and just cant solve it.
August 14, 2012 6:44:13 PM

Don't forget to pick a best answer :D  dumb dumb lol
August 14, 2012 6:45:12 PM

Sorry, solved, what a moron! Didnt plug in the CPU 4pin cabl, Derp..
!