Sign in with
Your question

PC wont start - Cpu fan not running

Last response: in Components
December 29, 2012 7:44:52 PM

So i was gaming on my pc and it randomly froze and my speakers started to make a weird noise so i turned off the pc asap. I tried turning it back on and it seemed like it was booting up and it would shut down again . it did this a few time so i decide to open up the case and see if there was something wrong. turns out the cpu fan wasnt running, it would run for less than a second and it would turn off as if something was constraining it from spinning. but there wasnt any cables or anything at all that could of cause it. i thought it could of been a fried cpu fan so i decided to try the same fan on another build i have and it works good , it spins as it should. i also checked the psu ,again i unplugged it and installed it into my other build and the psu didnt seem to have a problem at all. so now i dont know whats wrong. im guessing its either the cpu or the mobo from what ive been reading online. i have no idea how to see if its my mobo or cpu that is cause the problem . :(  im sad cause its my first build and i think i screwed it up . its only been like 3 weeks since ive got it . please help

Here is a video of my pc : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gj4DaQpIKY

i have a :
Intel Core i5-3570K
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Modular Gaming 80Plus

a c 850 à CPUs
December 29, 2012 7:49:14 PM

Well looks like it might be the cpu fan connector on the board.
m
l
December 29, 2012 7:58:53 PM

unplug everything that does not need to boot. Harddrive, case cooler and light (led), usb devices, dvd, video card. Plug the monitor to the mainboard connector. I think your PSU is dying.
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2012 7:59:24 PM

so the motherboard :\ guess i should return it
m
l
December 29, 2012 8:07:36 PM

@helpstar i did that same thing is going on , fan still not spinning at all.
m
l
!