Sign in with
Your question

HAF 912 Case Mods

Last response: in Components
December 29, 2012 7:47:13 PM

I ordered a water cooling kit for my system and I might buy some blue uv tubes and lights to make it look kinda like "frozen water" soon. Of course I would want a window side panel which is available at cooler masters website but without it making the inside look good would be a complete waste. But I'm also thinking about doing some modding as well to make it kinda like a blue themed case. I was thinking about making the lights in the front blue and painted the inside black. Any ideas on what I can do to make it look even better? What would you suggest I do?

More about : haf 912 case mods

January 1, 2013 7:16:58 AM

Well, that would help with the look and keep my RAM cool :) .
Related resources
January 2, 2013 2:09:58 PM

I wouldn't recommend ram coolers it's a waste of money and looks cheap. If you want to make it look really nice , get a smoked window for the side case and get some led strips ( the braided ones ) and put them around the edge of your case so you can't see them but they'll give off a nice even glow. Make sure you have cable management done and then have some nice equipment. Don't add extra gimicks like ram coolers it just kills it.
January 2, 2013 2:23:42 PM

Ram coolers, like ihsaan said, are pretty much a waste of money unless you are doing some serious overclocking with your ram which is pretty much a waste aswell. You will have to paint your case either black or blue to go with the theme because the unpainted interior of the HAF912 is just very ugly. Since you are going for aesthetics, I would recommend getting a window for the side of your case and putting it in there so you can see your awesome parts. You can get some really cheap light strips to put all over your case that hook up with I think molex connectors and there are some blue fans out there (I have 2 from coolermaster). You also might be able to find a light that can go into a slot in your motherboard (just guessing I have no idea) that lights up blue.
January 2, 2013 3:17:26 PM

ihsaan96 said:
I wouldn't recommend ram coolers it's a waste of money and looks cheap. If you want to make it look really nice , get a smoked window for the side case and get some led strips ( the braided ones ) and put them around the edge of your case so you can't see them but they'll give off a nice even glow. Make sure you have cable management done and then have some nice equipment. Don't add extra gimicks like ram coolers it just kills it.

Give me your PC!
January 6, 2013 3:38:19 PM

Also you can get molex led cards which go into your molex connections and light up blue ? Also Melikepie naah I'll keep my PC thanks for the offer of taking it though ;) 
January 6, 2013 3:46:07 PM

Isn't my PC still better then yours :) ?
January 6, 2013 3:47:44 PM

It's not better than my second computer :)  It's better than the one in my sig though. Which I shall change in a bit to my second computer which will soon be primary one ;) 
January 6, 2013 4:02:53 PM

What are the specs for that PC?
January 6, 2013 4:08:01 PM

Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K @4.8Ghz
Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Deluxe Motherboard
PC Case: Corsair Graphite 600T
Power Supply: XFX 1250W Pro Series Black Edition
CPU Cooler: Custom Water Cooling Loop
Graphics Card: Inno3D GTX 670 HerculeZ 3000 Edition 2GB GDDR5 ( SLi )
Hard-Drive 1: Kingston 240GB HyperX SSD
Hard-Drive 1: Kingston 240GB HyperX SSD
Hard-Drive 3: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Hard-Drive 4: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
January 6, 2013 4:13:01 PM

Mine has a OC 7970 :) .
January 6, 2013 4:14:29 PM

I have TWO cards ;)  and 2 SSD's...and 2 normal HDD's :) 
January 6, 2013 4:17:14 PM

I missed that part lol. My PC is better because I spilled soup on it!
January 6, 2013 4:18:58 PM

Haha yeah I know you did ;)  & ohhhh damn...well my cpu without a cooler can cook a pie :D 
!