How many displays on a Gigabyte Radeon HD7750?

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Hey guys,

My computer specs are:
Intel i3 sandy bridge
Asus P8H61 mobo
8GB RAM
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750
1TB Hardisc
600w force PSU

I'm running or trying to run a 3 screen setup with the following:

I've got 3 screens, 1 Samsung 40" HDTV in the middle, and 2 LG 22" flatrons on each side.

The wiring is as follows:
1 HDMI cable going from the GFX HDMI port to the HDTV
1 VGA Cable going from the VGA port in the GFX to the right LG Flatron monitor
1 DVI to VGA converter, hooked a VGA Cable from that converter to the screen and it's telling me "Power-saving mode", it is not detected by Windows or Catalyst Center, restarted a few times.

What could be the issue? I'm using this specific converter (Male DVI, the one with a gap in the middle):
http://www.optimization-world.com/img/prod/hdmi_female_to_dvi_male_large.jpg

drums101

Distinguished
the adapter that you linked in your post is a dvi to hdmi adapter are you using a different one to go from dvi to vga? Make sure that the third monitor has the right source selected which appears to supposed to be vga

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Yeah I know, the image was just for show purposes, using the dvi adaptor only.

Tried everything, could it be a power supply issue? or an adaptor issue?

The first thing to do is to check that your HD 7750 supports Eyefinity. Most do, but there could be a small chance are a few HD 7750s that do not support Eyefinity.

If your HD 7750 does indeed support Eyefinity then that means you your GPU also has a DisplayPort. In order to use Eyefinity you must use the DisplayPort. Connections for Eyefinity are as follows:

1. DisplayPort / DVI / HDMI
2. DisplayPort / DVI / DVI
3. DisplayPort / HDMI / HDMI

I am assuming your Flatiron monitors do not have a DVI port. Therefore, you need to purchase an Active DisplayPort to VGA adapter such as the following

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-UltraAV-B101B-003B-Display-Adapter/dp/B003HC85D2

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Well, I'm not really looking for Eyefinity, just need extended displays.

Tried eyefinity with 2 monitors and it doesn't work due to the drastic differences in the width of the monitors, or is it possible too?

drums101

Distinguished

ahh i learned something today....his card doesnt have displayport so I am guessing that it does not support the third monitor....I knew a small amount of 7750s do not support the third monitor but I didnt know how to determine which ones

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Yep, checked the graphic card and it doesn't have any displayport. But still doesn't answer the question of having 3 ports on the gfx, dvi & vga & hdmi, used 2 there's one left that I can use, how can I use that port? Did the dvi to vga converter and it's not being detected by catalyst center or even windows.

Eyefinity support is necessary to use three monitors at the same time one a single AMD Radeon HD card. The various ports are there for just connection options that's all. Despite having more than two ports, only two monitors can work off of the video card.

drums101

Distinguished
that particular video card that you have only has two display pipelines...meaning that it can only support up to two displays at once....no matter the configuration...ie dvi and hdmi or dvi and vga or vga and hdmi