revroo

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
hi im new to system building. and have no real idea whats the best system would be for what i want to do, im planning on gaming in 1080p with max settings on every thing. i have a budget of about £900 so money isnt to much of a problem.

so far the parts im thinking of getting

cpu:- i5 2500k ive seen it for about £150
moba:- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard £100 on amazon
ram:- Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Two Module Kit £40 on amazon
gpu:- gtx 670 DirectCU II £350 (not sure if i should get this or a cheaper gtx 670 and OC it)
hdd:- seagate barracuda £80
psu:- not realy sure would love some help on picking one out
case:- haf x £120 just because i dont know what other case would fit a 670 if someone could put a cheaper case that would fit the gpu that would be much better for me

so is this a good gaming system, is there better parts for less money or have i done a good job with the parts ive picked, or could i get these parts for cheaper. and if you didnt know by me using pounds as money i live in the uk

thanks in advanced rev
p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forums

stick with the asus gtx670--its the quietest gtx670

or get the gigabyte x3 windforce gtx670 for about £20 or £30 cheaper--its the best all round gtx670

loads of cases will take a gtx670--the coolermaster storm trooper is about £20 cheaper than the haf x and even better

case

the gtx660ti looks good but not widely available yet so depends how much of a hurry you are in

also an aftermarket heatsink so you can overclock that 2500k

revroo

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012

thanks man ill probally get the storm trooper case i think it looks cool and seems to have good ventilation, ill stick with the asus 670 i think and i as planning on getting a aftermaket heatsink so thanks for helping me decide on my parts