Sign in with
Your question

ASUS 670GTX blue screen artifacts (display drivers stops)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 25, 2012 6:47:58 PM

Hi - just thought I'd chip in. I have exactly the same problem with a new ASUS GTX670 as some other are experiencing with their EVGA GTX670s
Basically every 3d game gets blue artifacts and freezes after a couple of minutes (either in benchmarking or playing mode) and also get the display driver stopped working during video web browsing (i.e. youtube/iplayer) although this always recovers, unlike games where a reset is my only option.

Motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3r rev 1 with intel i7 quad core and have flashed up to BIOS version F6 (not sure if the later BIOS would help)

Have tried uninstalling all drivers and using driver cleaner to remove any AMD (previous card) and NVIDIA drivers, then going in clean with the last video card drivers (301.42)
Have an Antec 650w PSU, which should be sufficient, and two additional cooling fans within my Antec case. No idea where to turn, except RMA. I don't believe ASUS cards were subject to the early issues that EVGA suffered from (i,e. product recall)

Anyone got a suggestion ? Appreciative of any new ideas.

Barry
June 30, 2012 11:55:42 AM

All

Just to let you know, I managed to test the card on another machine with the exact same ASUS GTX 670 fitted (and working fine). Once my card replaced the proven working card, ran a quick test and exactly the same thing happens (blue artifacts, clipping and then freeze), so this proves that the card is faulty. Just thought I would let you all know incase anyone else has this problem....ASUS cards can suffer from faults too.

Regards

Barry

buckytomsk said:
Hi - just thought I'd chip in. I have exactly the same problem with a new ASUS GTX670 as some other are experiencing with their EVGA GTX670s
Basically every 3d game gets blue artifacts and freezes after a couple of minutes (either in benchmarking or playing mode) and also get the display driver stopped working during video web browsing (i.e. youtube/iplayer) although this always recovers, unlike games where a reset is my only option.

Motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3r rev 1 with intel i7 quad core and have flashed up to BIOS version F6 (not sure if the later BIOS would help)

Have tried uninstalling all drivers and using driver cleaner to remove any AMD (previous card) and NVIDIA drivers, then going in clean with the last video card drivers (301.42)
Have an Antec 650w PSU, which should be sufficient, and two additional cooling fans within my Antec case. No idea where to turn, except RMA. I don't believe ASUS cards were subject to the early issues that EVGA suffered from (i,e. product recall)

Anyone got a suggestion ? Appreciative of any new ideas.

Barry

Related resources
!