Sign in with
Your question

Newbie alert - Need your help in building my new rig guys !

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
August 14, 2012 9:45:40 PM

First of all hi to everyone, i am new to this forums and the sole reason for creating this account was to get an objective and, without a doubt, usefull advice on building my new rig.

First of all i am aiming for high ram memory, 16gb to be more precise. I know this is not so high for someone in the states or other 1st world country, but where i live, that ram is too damn high :D 
When i called the shop for advice i told em the price could reach somewhere in the vicinity of 500 euros ~ 618 u.s. dollars. The offer i got from them is as follows:

-MB MSI H61-P23 Intel H61 (B3) LGA 1155 2xDDR3 1066/1333 - I guess this is the motherboard (yes i am that noob )
-Ram 8Gb ddr3 1333mhz Mushkin Silverline x2
-CPU Intel Core i3 Sandy 1155 2100 3 1GHz 3Mb Box
-HDD Itachi 500gb
-Graphic card not important here.

My main concern regarding this compilation is the compatibility of the ram and the processor. I need the new pc to be able to handle multiple applications at the same time, i am talking about maya rendering while playing, rendering videos, uploading files... My question is, is there any specific motherboard/processor i should be aiming for that is best known in supporting multiple applications at once. I know that high ram is pivotal when it comes to multitasking and running multiple applications at once, and i also heard somewhere that 4 core processors are best for this purpose.

The reason why ur advice is so important for me is coz where i live spending this much money on a pc is a big deal, and i dont want someone from the shop just offering me things they got in oversupply and need to get rid off. I know there are ppl on this forums that know what they are talking about when it comes to hardware components so if u'd take the time to rate this compilation ( or think of a better one in the similar price range) i would be very thankful.

More about : newbie alert building rig guys

August 14, 2012 10:21:05 PM

Quote:

First of all i am aiming for high ram memory, 16gb to be more precise. I know this is not so high for someone in the states or other 1st world country, but where i live, that ram is too damn high :D 

First of all where do you live and what store do you buy from? Knowing that will help to suggest a build.

Quote:

My main concern regarding this compilation is the compatibility of the ram and the processor. I need the new pc to be able to handle multiple applications at the same time, i am talking about maya rendering while playing, rendering videos, uploading files...

The i3-2120 is a good entry level CPU - it's what I use on my work PC and it works great. I'm thinking of upgrading to the i5-3450 and giving it a quad core - that would help with that.

Quote:
I know that high ram is pivotal when it comes to multitasking and running multiple applications at once, and i also heard somewhere that 4 core processors are best for this purpose

Yeah 4 cores are definitely better - but four strong cores are always going to be better than six or 8 weaker ones. As far as RAM goes - you don't want to run RAM at speeds faster than what your motherboard can handle (most Intel motherboards are rated up to DDR3 PC12800 - 1600MHz).

Quote:
comes to hardware components so if u'd take the time to rate this compilation ( or think of a better one in the similar price range) i would be very thankful.

A full ATX H77 will give you more expansion room than H61 will. A decent GPU actually is important because then it frees up the CPU from other tasks. A Radeon 7750 would probably be a good fit for this system. Case and PSU are also important.
August 14, 2012 10:26:05 PM

That RAM should be fine. It's 1.5 volts which is about all the matters with pairing with a Sandy Bridge processor.
August 14, 2012 10:30:35 PM

I would go with what G-Unit said. Add in a 7750 or similar GPU (very low pricepoint, and good for that money) and you will be good to go. I would personally go with an i5, but again, its up to you.
!