Sign in with
Your question

5.1 Sound Card for Gaming (Surround Setup)

Last response: in Components
December 29, 2012 11:05:34 PM

Hey guys I am looking for a 5.1 Sound Card that offers Dolby Digital Live and all that fancy stuff for $50-$100 (Max). Here is my setup below.

Receiver: Yamaha HTR-6130 (500 Watts)
Receiver Decoders: Dolby Pro Logic II | DTS DIGITAL SURROUND - NEO6* | CINEMA DSP Digital | SILENT CINEMA | Compressed Music Enhancer (WMA & MP3 Support) |

Speakers: Front L/R - Infinity Floor Standing Speakers x2 (3 Way) [Vintage] | Center Channel - Bic America Venturi http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber... | Surround Speakers - Polk T15 x2 http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Bookshelf-Speakers-Bla... | Subwoofer - Home built Powered 100W |

I will mainly be using this setup for Gaming (MW2, BF3, CoD4, BO etc...) If I do watch movies it is through Optical from my PS3. Unless the sound card will be better then my PS3 I will run it through the sound card. Just give the best suggestions for the price range. The on-board sound I am using now just isn't cutting it considering I don't even have DDL with my ACL889 Chip (the cheap one).

Thanks!
December 30, 2012 2:54:27 AM

Should I get the Xonar DX can someone please help I need to buy it tonight.
m
l
December 30, 2012 8:02:37 AM

The DX should work; it looks like the receiver supports both Dolby and DTS formats, so there shouldn't be any problem with the DX and using Dolby Digital Live.

Note audio from the PS3 will already be encoded as Dolby/DTS once you set the sound options. I'm assuming the DDL is just for the PC, right? And it doesn't make sense to go into the soundcard from the PS3.
m
l
December 30, 2012 12:08:28 PM

gamerk316 said:
The DX should work; it looks like the receiver supports both Dolby and DTS formats, so there shouldn't be any problem with the DX and using Dolby Digital Live.

Note audio from the PS3 will already be encoded as Dolby/DTS once you set the sound options. I'm assuming the DDL is just for the PC, right? And it doesn't make sense to go into the soundcard from the PS3.

I wouldn't go through the PS3 to the sound card. I would use the computer for netflix/movies etc instead if it sounds better.

P.S. - DX Doesn't Support DTS, but I bought it anyway for the other options it has.
m
l
!