Mage End-Game weapon

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

Do most of you mages use a high-end staff or do you use a sword/dagger and
an offhand item?

What's the best endgame weapon/offhand combo if you don't use a staff?

Cory wrote:
> Do most of you mages use a high-end staff or do you use a sword/dagger and
> an offhand item?
>
> What's the best endgame weapon/offhand combo if you don't use a staff?

Depends if you are a +Damage Mage or a Sta/int Mage.

If you are +Damage Mage, best combo is:
MAIN: Azuresong Mageblade(http://thottbot.org/?i=37329) with a "Spell
Power" Enchant on it(adds +30 damage)
OFF-HAND: 1)Spirit of Aquementas(http://thottbot.org/?i=8525), which
adds +20 Damage,but has no other stats, or 2)if you are willing to give
up 2 damage, Fire Runned Grimoire(http://thottbot.org/?i=40360), which
has 12 Sta, 21 Int and +18 Damage

if you are Sta/Int Mage, best combo is:
MAIN: Azuresong Mageblade(http://thottbot.org/?i=37329) with a "+22
Int" Enchant on it
OFF-HAND: Fire Runned Grimoire(http://thottbot.org/?i=40360), which has
12 Sta, 21 Int and +18 Damage

V wrote:
> Cory wrote:
> > Do most of you mages use a high-end staff or do you use a sword/dagger and
> > an offhand item?
> >
> > What's the best endgame weapon/offhand combo if you don't use a staff?
>
> Depends if you are a +Damage Mage or a Sta/int Mage.
>
> If you are +Damage Mage, best combo is:
> MAIN: Azuresong Mageblade(http://thottbot.org/?i=37329) with a "Spell
> Power" Enchant on it(adds +30 damage)
> OFF-HAND: 1)Spirit of Aquementas(http://thottbot.org/?i=8525), which
> adds +20 Damage,but has no other stats, or 2)if you are willing to give
> up 2 damage, Fire Runned Grimoire(http://thottbot.org/?i=40360), which
> has 12 Sta, 21 Int and +18 Damage
>
> if you are Sta/Int Mage, best combo is:
> MAIN: Azuresong Mageblade(http://thottbot.org/?i=37329) with a "+22
> Int" Enchant on it
> OFF-HAND: Fire Runned Grimoire(http://thottbot.org/?i=40360), which has
> 12 Sta, 21 Int and +18 Damage

VERY IMPORTANT CORRECTION: Fire Runed Grimoire adds only 11 Damage !!!!

cory

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2001

"Cory" <stnihilist@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Do most of you mages use a high-end staff or do you use a sword/dagger and
> an offhand item?
>
> What's the best endgame weapon/offhand combo if you don't use a staff?

From what I can tell, the BEST you could get in this situation would be:
http://thottbot.org/?i=37329
Yeah, good luck on that one.
OR: http://thottbot.org/?i=35828, which would be sorta easy to get I