folder background text (win2k vs XP)

June 6, 2005 8:21:00 AM

First off, howdy all, nice to meet the lot of you.

Ive what i believe to be a simple question here: just formatted drive
1, put win xp on it. drive 2 is all my music & such, with a bunch of
folders i put custom wallpapers/backgrounds on when on windows 2000.
Theyre all still there (tho the desktop.ini files are hidden, i know
theyre there), but the text no longer has a white background, and in
most directories, i have to highlight text to read it. How can i put a
white backgrond on the text again? Im not seeing the option
anymore...please let me know, thanks in advance & take care

--
Irish Cowboy
Anonymous

desktop.ini files *are* Hidden files.

To display Hidden files and folders...

Start | Settings | Control Panel | Folder Options | View tab
Check:
? Display the contents of system folders
? Show hidden files and folders
UNCheck:
? Hide protected operating system files
Apply | OK

[[Hidden files and folders will appear dimmed to indicate they are not
typical items.]]
---

Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab | Advanced button |Click
the V next to Item to expand the menu |

Window elements menu includes:
3D Objects
Active Title Bar
Active Window Border
Application Background
Caption Buttons
Desktop
Icon
Icon Spacing (Horizontal)
Icon Spacing (Vertical)
Inactive Title Bar
Inactive Window Border
Menu
Message Box
Palette Title
Selected Items
ToolTip
Window

Pick one and...
Color 1 lists the background colors you can use for the selected window
component. If this option is unavailable, you cannot change the color of the
selected item.

Color: lists the colors you can use for the text in the selected window
component.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes