folder background text (win2k vs XP)

First off, howdy all, nice to meet the lot of you.

Ive what i believe to be a simple question here: just formatted drive
1, put win xp on it. drive 2 is all my music & such, with a bunch of
folders i put custom wallpapers/backgrounds on when on windows 2000.
Theyre all still there (tho the desktop.ini files are hidden, i know
theyre there), but the text no longer has a white background, and in
most directories, i have to highlight text to read it. How can i put a
white backgrond on the text again? Im not seeing the option
anymore...please let me know, thanks in advance & take care

--
Irish Cowboy
1 answer Last reply

    desktop.ini files *are* Hidden files.

    To display Hidden files and folders...

    Start | Settings | Control Panel | Folder Options | View tab
    Check:
    ? Display the contents of system folders
    ? Show hidden files and folders
    UNCheck:
    ? Hide protected operating system files
    Apply | OK

    [[Hidden files and folders will appear dimmed to indicate they are not
    typical items.]]
    ---

    Right click Desktop | Properties | Appearance tab | Advanced button |Click
    the V next to Item to expand the menu |

    Window elements menu includes:
    3D Objects
    Active Title Bar
    Active Window Border
    Application Background
    Caption Buttons
    Desktop
    Icon
    Icon Spacing (Horizontal)
    Icon Spacing (Vertical)
    Inactive Title Bar
    Inactive Window Border
    Menu
    Message Box
    Palette Title
    Selected Items
    ToolTip
    Window

    Pick one and...
    Color 1 lists the background colors you can use for the selected window
    component. If this option is unavailable, you cannot change the color of the
    selected item.

    Color: lists the colors you can use for the text in the selected window
    component.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Irish.Cowboy.1q6wdm@pcbanter.net,
    Irish Cowboy <Irish.Cowboy.1q6wdm@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > First off, howdy all, nice to meet the lot of you.
    >
    > Ive what i believe to be a simple question here: just formatted drive
    > 1, put win xp on it. drive 2 is all my music & such, with a bunch of
    > folders i put custom wallpapers/backgrounds on when on windows 2000.
    > Theyre all still there (tho the desktop.ini files are hidden, i know
    > theyre there), but the text no longer has a white background, and in
    > most directories, i have to highlight text to read it. How can i put a
    > white backgrond on the text again? Im not seeing the option
    > anymore...please let me know, thanks in advance & take care
    >

    > --
    > Irish Cowboy

Configuration Customization Windows XP