Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Are these parts compatible?

Last response: in Systems
Share
August 15, 2012 1:12:02 AM

I'm building my first gaming computer and just wanted some more opinions and advice just incase anything won't work.

Power Supply: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

GPU: AMD Radeon 5770 (I know it's outdated but i have a spare one and i'll upgrade later)

CPU: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

RAM/Memory: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Case: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...

Hard Drive: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1682...

Thanks in Advance!

More about : parts compatible

August 15, 2012 1:31:34 AM

First of all, do not get CX 600, coz it will give only 480W of true power, I would suggest a 80+ bronze PSU, Prefferably Seasonic 620W 80+. FOr Gaming please don't buy AMD, it's single core performace is less and no games so far can utilize 8 core. A core i5 3570k or 2500k is best for gaming and a 100$ Z77 MoBo can give you everything you can hope for, that too for a less price than this! More power efficient that AMD as well.HDD is ok, but getting an SSD will be awesome. BTW spare money on SSD and save it for GPU first. THanks
m
0
l
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2012 3:24:24 AM

First of all , do not listen to intel fanboys who have never seen an AMD processor let alone built with one
The intels produce higher FPS with a high end graphics card if you turn the resolution and graphic details to very low settings . But this is not how we run our gaming computers and it doesnt make the intel better .

Here is a performance comparison of an intel 2600K and an FX 8150 both using a Radeon 6950
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1285/pg1/amd-fx-8...
The FX actually makes higher fps and usually much better minimum fps at what are more typical gamer settings
With the 5770 either cpu is going to make identical FPS

Having said that you could spend less on your motherboard . An Asrock Extreme4 FX 990 board will save you $40
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681....

Ayux's claim the cx 600 only makes 480 watts of true power seem to be based on the 40 amp 12 volt rail . He's ignoring the fact that computers also draw from the other voltage rails AND THAT NO PSU MANUFACTURER RATES THEIR PSU FROM THE 12VOLT RAIL ONLY .
Its an OK unit that will work for your build
m
0
l
Related resources
August 15, 2012 4:00:15 AM

Outlander_04 said:
Having said that you could spend less on your motherboard . An Asrock Extreme4 FX 990 board will save you $40
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681....


$40 isnt much when ur spending that much get the crosshair V, if u would wanna save money get the sabertooth, or ASRock Fatality or something similar, but really the Crosshair has better features than other 990fx motherboards. SupremeFX audio, Intel Gigabit LAN, Game First, and of course all the OC features.

m
0
l
August 15, 2012 4:01:01 AM

Outlander_04 said:
First of all , do not listen to intel fanboys who have never seen an AMD processor let alone built with one
The intels produce higher FPS with a high end graphics card if you turn the resolution and graphic details to very low settings . But this is not how we run our gaming computers and it doesnt make the intel better .

Here is a performance comparison of an intel 2600K and an FX 8150 both using a Radeon 6950
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1285/pg1/amd-fx-8...
The FX actually makes higher fps and usually much better minimum fps at what are more typical gamer settings
With the 5770 either cpu is going to make identical FPS

Having said that you could spend less on your motherboard . An Asrock Extreme4 FX 990 board will save you $40
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681....

Ayux's claim the cx 600 only makes 480 watts of true power seem to be based on the 40 amp 12 volt rail . He's ignoring the fact that computers also draw from the other voltage rails AND THAT NO PSU MANUFACTURER RATES THEIR PSU FROM THE 12VOLT RAIL ONLY .
Its an OK unit that will work for your build

I completely agree about the AMD vs Intel concept which is why I chose an AMD in the first place. The thing I'm really worried about is the fact that the motherboard requires EPS12V where as the power supply I have listed produces ATX12V. However the one Ayux suggested seems to work perfectly with my setup being that it provides more voltage and EPS12V power.
m
0
l
a c 136 B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2012 5:24:14 AM

ventril said:
I completely agree about the AMD vs Intel concept which is why I chose an AMD in the first place. The thing I'm really worried about is the fact that the motherboard requires EPS12V where as the power supply I have listed produces ATX12V. However the one Ayux suggested seems to work perfectly with my setup being that it provides more voltage and EPS12V power.



The seasonic is a better psu . Its also an older model and there may be better choices .

The difference between ATX and EPS is that EPS has both an 8 pin and a 4 pin auxiliary power connector . Chances are the seasonic has these on the same cable [ my seasonic build corsair does ] so the sockets are going to have to be close together . And even then it seems a bit pointless since the cables obviously run off the same rail since they use mostly the same wire ...
Maybe it will give another power phase and give you another 100 MHz overclock ......also maybe not

Either way I'd still buy the cheaper mb unless you have a need for 3 way sli
m
0
l
!