Your question

Is my computer too hot?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Computers
Last response: in CPUs
December 30, 2012 1:07:42 AM

Hello,
I have an Inspiron 530 with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 and an ATI Radeon HD 3400. The computer is probably 3 or 4 years old.
I was using that Game Booster, and It told me that my "Mainboard" is 84C. I got really worried so I hadn't been turning it on for a while. I got the HWMonitor program, and the temperature for "TMPIN0" is at 84. I didn't even know what it is refering to. The other things in that section are THRM and TMPIN1. Which are running at 40 and 41C respectively. The computer is running fine, and with the other temperatures in that section being so low, I thought maybe it was OK. But I don't know, hence why I'm asking.
I took a picture of the information from the program.
I cleaned the fans in the computer, except for the one on the power supply because I was not sure how to do it. The temperatures didn't change between when I cleaned the computer and before though.

More about : computer hot

a c 154 à CPUs
December 30, 2012 1:13:38 AM

sakurai-ginpachi said:
Hello,
I have an Inspiron 530 with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 and an ATI Radeon HD 3400. The computer is probably 3 or 4 years old.
I was using that Game Booster, and It told me that my "Mainboard" is 84C. I got really worried so I hadn't been turning it on for a while. I got the HWMonitor program, and the temperature for "TMPIN0" is at 84. I didn't even know what it is refering to. The other things in that section are THRM and TMPIN1. Which are running at 40 and 41C respectively. The computer is running fine, and with the other temperatures in that section being so low, I thought maybe it was OK. But I don't know, hence why I'm asking.
I took a picture of the information from the program. http://imageshack.us/a/img844/3279/tempsz.jpg
I cleaned the fans in the computer, except for the one on the power supply because I was not sure how to do it. The temperatures didn't change between when I cleaned the computer and before though.

Your CPU temps are between 41 and 51 degrees and that is fine.
m
l
December 31, 2012 2:48:51 AM

Ooh okay!! I mean it is within the ranges it lists, it just seemed so crazy warm!! I didn't know if it was okay before now. But like I said it was running okay. Thank you both for your replies c:
By the way, what does OC mean??
m
l
a c 154 à CPUs
December 31, 2012 2:53:12 AM

sakurai-ginpachi said:
Ooh okay!! I mean it is within the ranges it lists, it just seemed so crazy warm!! I didn't know if it was okay before now. But like I said it was running okay. Thank you both for your replies c:
By the way, what does OC mean??

OC= Over Clock
m
l
!