Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Different temp readins with diff programs

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
December 30, 2012 1:13:23 AM

AMD FX-8150 w/ included liquid cooling (purchased from newegg).

Coretemp and HWMonitor is reading 17c average on idle. Speedfan gives me 39c average on idle. Bios readings are similar to speedfan's. Any idea which one is incorrect, if any?

According to bios, the motherboard's temp is only 2c lower than that of the cpu (37-38c). I have a theory that since my mobo is hotter than the cpu, it might be heating up the socket's sensors, giving incorrect readings. Could this be possible?

Best solution

a c 152 à CPUs
December 30, 2012 1:17:42 AM

fapjax said:
AMD FX-8150 w/ included liquid cooling (purchased from newegg).

Coretemp and HWMonitor is reading 17c average on idle. Speedfan gives me 39c average on idle. Bios readings are similar to speedfan's. Any idea which one is incorrect, if any?

According to bios, the motherboard's temp is only 2c lower than that of the cpu (37-38c). I have a theory that since my mobo is hotter than the cpu, it might be heating up the socket's sensors, giving incorrect readings. Could this be possible?

The BIOS and speed fan are probably right. Unless you are running your computer in an industrial freezer I doubt it is running at 17 degrees celcius.
December 30, 2012 1:23:19 AM

Are 35-38c idle temps normal with water cooling?
m
l
Related resources
a c 152 à CPUs
December 30, 2012 1:30:06 AM

With those closed loop water coolers yea. Water cooling kits aren't much better than high-end air cooling.
m
l
December 30, 2012 3:56:54 AM

Best answer selected by fapjax.
m
l
!