Want to auto-change screen resolution application by appli..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

REQUIREMENT
I want to be able to automatically change the screen resolution
depending on which application I am running. Is there a way to
have only the full screen application in the new resolution?

EXAMPLE
For example, if I ran Application-A full screen then I want a
screen resolution of 1024x768.
Then if I run Application_B full screen I want a resolution of
1280x960. Maybe I want to run both applications at the same time.

UTILITIES ALREADY TRIED
Utilities like ToggleRes and Doug Knox's QuickRes reset the
resolution for everything and this inlcudes the desktop so they
always badly mess up the careful layout of my desktop icons.

<http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/toggleres.html>
<http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_quickres.htm>

Thanks for any help.
Bill

--

I am running XP+SP1.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

You can have apps run in the resolution you want with
1st quickres. After you install quickres you set the app resolution by right
clicking on the apps shortcut and >Properties > and going to the 1stquickres
tab there...

you can download the FREEWARE version of quickres here
http://www.greenparrots.com/aqr.html
on the bottom of the page it has a link that says:

use it free of charge forever!
Download the free version now! (570Kb)

kenny www.computerboom.com

"Bill Woods" <woods_b@nomail.com> wrote in message
> REQUIREMENT
> I want to be able to automatically change the screen resolution
> depending on which application I am running. Is there a way to
> have only the full screen application in the new resolution?
>

> EXAMPLE
> For example, if I ran Application-A full screen then I want a
> screen resolution of 1024x768.
> Then if I run Application_B full screen I want a resolution of
> 1280x960. Maybe I want to run both applications at the same time.
>

> UTILITIES ALREADY TRIED
> Utilities like ToggleRes and Doug Knox's QuickRes reset the
> resolution for everything and this inlcudes the desktop so they
> always badly mess up the careful layout of my desktop icons.
>
> <http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/toggleres.html>
> <http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_quickres.htm>
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Bill