Solved

6870 2GB Help

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Overclocking
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 25, 2012 11:15:32 PM

I recently purchased an XFX 2GB 6870 and i want to overclock it...But problem is,is that theres no program that i have that can unlock the voltage controll...Msi afterburner and Sapphire Trixx cant change the voltage! i NEED some help on this.

-EchoOne :cry: 

More about : 6870 2gb

a b K Overclocking
June 25, 2012 11:32:21 PM

try this:

Originally Posted by xXSebaSXx
@ jstutman & wickedout

Go to the Program Files folder... Find the MSI Afterburner folder... Find the MSIAfterburner.cfg file... Open the file in notepad.

Find the section that begins with this heading
Code:

[ATIADLHAL]

Replace what's on there with this:
Code:

[ATIADLHAL]
EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1
UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
AccessibilityCheckingPeriod = 0

Save the file... restart MSI AB. If your cards support voltage control; you should have access to more clocks and voltages if you've done it correctly.

PS: Note that this is for the latest version of MSI AB (what used to be 2.1.0 B7)....

Hope this helps
Sebastian
m
l

Best solution

June 25, 2012 11:34:21 PM

Sad to say, I think that card is voltage locked by XFX. Probably because they skimped on hardware and the regulator on their can't handle it. A hardware mod would be required.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1231148/hd-687a-zhfc-xfx-687...
June 25, 2012 11:57:48 PM

teh_gerbil said:
try this:

Originally Posted by xXSebaSXx
@ jstutman & wickedout

Go to the Program Files folder... Find the MSI Afterburner folder... Find the MSIAfterburner.cfg file... Open the file in notepad.

Find the section that begins with this heading
Code:

[ATIADLHAL]

Replace what's on there with this:
Code:

[ATIADLHAL]
EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1
UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
AccessibilityCheckingPeriod = 0

Save the file... restart MSI AB. If your cards support voltage control; you should have access to more clocks and voltages if you've done it correctly.

PS: Note that this is for the latest version of MSI AB (what used to be 2.1.0 B7)....

Hope this helps
Sebastian

Access is Denied..............
m
l
June 25, 2012 11:57:58 PM

inanition02 said:
Sad to say, I think that card is voltage locked by XFX. Probably because they skimped on hardware and the regulator on their can't handle it. A hardware mod would be required.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1231148/hd-687a-zhfc-xfx-687...

Oh damn...Well i guess im screwed...Owell
m
l
a b K Overclocking
June 26, 2012 12:18:20 AM

EchoOne, copy the file to your desktop, rename the original MSIAfterburner.cfg_orig

Edit the copied one, and then put it into the same folder as the original one.
m
l
June 26, 2012 3:56:57 AM

teh_gerbil said:
EchoOne, copy the file to your desktop, rename the original MSIAfterburner.cfg_orig

Edit the copied one, and then put it into the same folder as the original one.

Did that,Unfortunantly it still doesnt work,Im guessing XFX locked their voltage... Damn :??: 
m
l
June 26, 2012 3:57:40 AM

Best answer selected by EchoOne.
m
l
!