Solved

6870 2GB Help

I recently purchased an XFX 2GB 6870 and i want to overclock it...But problem is,is that theres no program that i have that can unlock the voltage controll...Msi afterburner and Sapphire Trixx cant change the voltage! i NEED some help on this.

-EchoOne :cry:
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6870 help
  1. try this:

Originally Posted by xXSebaSXx
    @ jstutman & wickedout

Go to the Program Files folder... Find the MSI Afterburner folder... Find the MSIAfterburner.cfg file... Open the file in notepad.

Find the section that begins with this heading
    Code:

[ATIADLHAL]

Replace what's on there with this:
    Code:

[ATIADLHAL]
    EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1
    UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
    UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
    AccessibilityCheckingPeriod = 0

Save the file... restart MSI AB. If your cards support voltage control; you should have access to more clocks and voltages if you've done it correctly.

PS: Note that this is for the latest version of MSI AB (what used to be 2.1.0 B7)....

Hope this helps
    Sebastian
  2. Best answer
    Sad to say, I think that card is voltage locked by XFX. Probably because they skimped on hardware and the regulator on their can't handle it. A hardware mod would be required.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1231148/hd-687a-zhfc-xfx-6870-voltmod
  3. teh_gerbil said:
    try this:

Originally Posted by xXSebaSXx
    @ jstutman & wickedout

Go to the Program Files folder... Find the MSI Afterburner folder... Find the MSIAfterburner.cfg file... Open the file in notepad.

Find the section that begins with this heading
    Code:

[ATIADLHAL]

Replace what's on there with this:
    Code:

[ATIADLHAL]
    EnableUnofficialOverclocking = 1
    UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
    UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
    AccessibilityCheckingPeriod = 0

Save the file... restart MSI AB. If your cards support voltage control; you should have access to more clocks and voltages if you've done it correctly.

PS: Note that this is for the latest version of MSI AB (what used to be 2.1.0 B7)....

Hope this helps
    Sebastian

Access is Denied..............
  4. inanition02 said:
    Sad to say, I think that card is voltage locked by XFX. Probably because they skimped on hardware and the regulator on their can't handle it. A hardware mod would be required.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1231148/hd-687a-zhfc-xfx-6870-voltmod

Oh damn...Well i guess im screwed...Owell
  5. EchoOne, copy the file to your desktop, rename the original MSIAfterburner.cfg_orig

Edit the copied one, and then put it into the same folder as the original one.
  6. teh_gerbil said:
    EchoOne, copy the file to your desktop, rename the original MSIAfterburner.cfg_orig

Edit the copied one, and then put it into the same folder as the original one.

Did that,Unfortunantly it still doesnt work,Im guessing XFX locked their voltage... Damn :??:
  7. Best answer selected by EchoOne.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Overclocking Graphics