Drv30

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
I have an i7 2600k and an i5 3750k in two of my computers at home on a z68 and z77 respectively. I have ATI crossfire and nvidia SLI in both computers as well. From my understanding quick sync can only be used when Lucid Virtu software is enabled (right). Lately however I have noticed that Lucid Virtu software, does not work when dual video cards are plugged in!

So my question is: Is it not possible to convert videos using Intel quick sync for as long as I have two video cards in my computers?

If so, what a freaking waste!! :(

Solution
Sorry no one ever answered you, I am sure you got the answer to this a long time ago by trying on your own, but you can use Intel Quick Sync regardless of your video setup, as long as your CPU has the ability. Even if you had quad SLI, you would still have the option.
Sorry no one ever answered you, I am sure you got the answer to this a long time ago by trying on your own, but you can use Intel Quick Sync regardless of your video setup, as long as your CPU has the ability. Even if you had quad SLI, you would still have the option.

Solution

Drv30

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012

Yeah, I was able to use quick sync to convert a video with some really lame software (software selection that supports quick sync is very bad). And then my CPU overheated, it turned out my Corsair H80 died out or something. And then I got that fixed, but later, the computer started telling me that I had the wrong configuration and that I couldnt use it with SLI or something. I was using an old motherboard meant for crossfire which I had hacked so that I could SLI it. I dont know if that was causing problems I was not aware of, but I got over it.

Quick sync is overrated trash, and the one converter that I wanted to use to make .mkv out of DVD discs was one that didnt support quick sync anyway. So whatever. This was so long ago I dont even remember anymore.

Yea it is troublesum. Its only able to be used in some converters. While it works really fast in converters that use it, but if you look the quality isn't the best. Using just software and having the CPU do it will give way better image quality results anyways. So even having it working I prefer not to use it when I convert videos.