Remote Desktop

Is it possible to run remote desktop on XP home across a network??

--
Have A Great Day
Bill M.

    Hi William,

    Everything you wanted to know about Remote Desktop:

    Working Remotely with Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/default.mspx

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    In memory of Alex Nichol

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "William C. Meyer" <gingem@email.com> wrote in message news:ujBOtjsaFHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Is it possible to run remote desktop on XP home across a network??
    >
    > --
    > Have A Great Day
    > Bill M.

    Thanks Anando
    I guess that means you can't use remote desktop with XP home? Everything
    seems to say the client files are installed with XP Home & Pro but only work
    with Pro.

    --
    Have A Great Day
    Bill M.

    This is correct, William. You can use XP Home as a client computer, but you cannot connect to it as a host.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "William C. Meyer" <gingem@email.com> wrote in message news:%23b36LataFHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks Anando
    > I guess that means you can't use remote desktop with XP home? Everything
    > seems to say the client files are installed with XP Home & Pro but only work
    > with Pro.
    >

    > --
    > Have A Great Day
    > Bill M.

Configuration Remote Desktop Microsoft Customization Windows XP