How often should i clean PC

Fahim AJ

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012
Hello everyone,i have a gaming pc,my average usage per day is around 4-5 hours daily,its been 6 months since i bought my pc and there are no issues with it,however what worries me is the dust accumulating inside the PC case (fans,graphics card etc.)Should i dismantle all components and clean the insides ? how worried should i be regarding this dust particles ?

My Pc Specs
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Intel i7 processor
8 gb ram
1 tb Harddisk
Coolermaster 690 II advanced edition Pc case
Coolermaster V6GT CPU Air cooler

Solution
What I usaully do every 2 to 4 weeks I take the fan filters out and take them out to the shop and blow them out with the air crompressor until clean (Last time I threw them in the sink with some soap and put them in the dryer and clean as new) . Then I'd take some canned air or a air compressor on low and lightly dust out the computer already put together as is.

*PLEASE DON'T NOT PUT YOUR COMPUTER IN WATER*
*ONLY WASH FAN FILTERS, NOT FANS OR COMPUTER COMPONENTS*
What I usaully do every 2 to 4 weeks I take the fan filters out and take them out to the shop and blow them out with the air crompressor until clean (Last time I threw them in the sink with some soap and put them in the dryer and clean as new) . Then I'd take some canned air or a air compressor on low and lightly dust out the computer already put together as is.

*PLEASE DON'T NOT PUT YOUR COMPUTER IN WATER*
*ONLY WASH FAN FILTERS, NOT FANS OR COMPUTER COMPONENTS*

Solution

Steve Sunny

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
I have put my fans in water before and they have worked fine afterwards. I have even put my graphics card's full heat sink under water (excluding the part with the thermal paste) and after a day and a half of drying, I was able to assemble it back and have it work fine. I also put my 120mm fans under water, without worry, and have them work fine afterwards.