GTA:SA reclassified, WoW next?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 30, 2005 2:15:49 PM

They have a nude World of Warcraft patch out as well, machinma have done a
video of it in action:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html

More about : gta reclassified wow

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 30, 2005 2:15:50 PM

Gotta say. LOL....
Hehe, first time ive seen these kind og movie clips with WoW
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 30, 2005 2:15:50 PM

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:15:49 +1000, "Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au>
scribed into the ether:

>They have a nude World of Warcraft patch out as well, machinma have done a
>video of it in action:
>
> http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html

When EQ gots its big face lift with the release of Shadows of Luclin, for a
couple of weeks afterwards there were extensive graphical bugs, which would
frequently yield characters without any clothes on. No mod required.
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 30, 2005 3:37:06 PM

Rastus wrote:
> They have a nude World of Warcraft patch out as well, machinma have
> done a video of it in action:
>
> http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html

It's my understanding that the reason it wa reclassified was that the
content was in the game when it was shipped, all you needed to do was unlock
it (they found the same content on the console versions of the game).

You can never stop gamers from making mods of variuos kinds, so I don't
think we need to worry about WoW being reclassified (and if it happens, who
cares? This 'mature content' label only makes a game look more interesting -
much like 'parental advisory, explicit content' label on CD's :)

Devast8or
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 30, 2005 3:45:02 PM

In article <qi9me1lrveqog7bpm7d8kfqqksktgcog72@4ax.com>,
Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:15:49 +1000, "Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au>
> scribed into the ether:
>
> >They have a nude World of Warcraft patch out as well, machinma have done a
> >video of it in action:
> >
> > http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html
>
> When EQ gots its big face lift with the release of Shadows of Luclin, for a
> couple of weeks afterwards there were extensive graphical bugs, which would
> frequently yield characters without any clothes on. No mod required.

Yes, but did the bug cause the characters to have sexual relations?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 30, 2005 8:25:11 PM

"Doppleganger" <Doppleganger@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:D oppleganger-745034.11450230072005@comcast.dca.giganews.com...
> In article <qi9me1lrveqog7bpm7d8kfqqksktgcog72@4ax.com>,
> Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:15:49 +1000, "Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au>
> > scribed into the ether:
> >
> > >They have a nude World of Warcraft patch out as well, machinma have done
> > >video of it in action:
> > >
> > > http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html
> >
> > When EQ gots its big face lift with the release of Shadows of Luclin, for
> > couple of weeks afterwards there were extensive graphical bugs, which
would
> > frequently yield characters without any clothes on. No mod required.
> >

> Yes, but did the bug cause the characters to have sexual relations?

No indeed. Mistells to guildchat provided that.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 30, 2005 9:29:52 PM

On 30-7-2005 11:37, Devast8or wrote:
> Rastus wrote:
>
>>They have a nude World of Warcraft patch out as well, machinma have
>>done a video of it in action:
>>
>> http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html
>

> It's my understanding that the reason it wa reclassified was that the
> content was in the game when it was shipped, all you needed to do was unlock
> it (they found the same content on the console versions of the game).
>
> You can never stop gamers from making mods of variuos kinds, so I don't
> think we need to worry about WoW being reclassified (and if it happens, who
> cares? This 'mature content' label only makes a game look more interesting -
> much like 'parental advisory, explicit content' label on CD's :)
>
> Devast8or

I agree - same goes for D2 Chaos Empire with the nude assassin mod. If
it would go this far, people would have to re-rate every game.

--
Bow before me, for I am root.
Anonymous

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:45:02 -0700, Doppleganger
<Doppleganger@earthlink.net> scribed into the ether:

>In article <qi9me1lrveqog7bpm7d8kfqqksktgcog72@4ax.com>,
> Matt Frisch <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:15:49 +1000, "Rastus" <zzrhardy@iinet.net.au>
>> scribed into the ether:
>>
>> >They have a nude World of Warcraft patch out as well, machinma have done a
>> >video of it in action:
>> >
>> > http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html
>>
>> When EQ gots its big face lift with the release of Shadows of Luclin, for a
>> couple of weeks afterwards there were extensive graphical bugs, which would
>> frequently yield characters without any clothes on. No mod required.
>>

>Yes, but did the bug cause the characters to have sexual relations?

You don't need a bug for TEH CYB()RZ to be willy-nilly.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 10:15:52 PM

Doppleganger wrote:
> I think we need to worry, just a little.
>
> See, I was around during the 80's when Tipper Gore brought the travesty
> known as the PMRC to Congress, and the idiot politicians were actually
> debating putting people in jail for questionable content. There's plenty
> of material online about that farce, and how Al Gore pushed a blank
> cassette tape tax (ie., you buy a tape, the RIAA got money) to protect
> the labels "against piracy", and used passing the tax to get the labels
> and the RIAA to play ball with his wife's kangaroo court. If I remember
> the deal was "Tax = Tipper Stickers"

A friend's dad had her book, "Raising Your PG Kids In An X Rated
World". Helluva fun read, told me exactly where to look to find fun
naughty stuff... and some of the pictures were nice too(like a rockstar
chick with two strips of electrician's tape for pasties). I'd have
never known what "Sugar Walls" by Sheena Easton was about if not for
that book, too :^D

--
Regards,
J.D. Spangler

Rastus wrote:
> They have a nude World of Warcraft patch out as well, machinma have done a
> video of it in action:
>
> http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html

That site looks like bad news. It is an e-mail address harvester for
sure. I am kind of glad that the plugin didn't work in my recently
patched Opera 8.0.2(en) browser :-) It will be hard to get into that
browser through an exploit ATM..

Remember, WoW-ers have a lot to lose if their Account details get stolen
by a keylogger/trojan combo.

Regs,
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
Anonymous

hey he has the right to be a freak paranoid. I have to say this
because I know with the 'Patriot Act' there are hidden cameras
watching everything I do! And while writing this the Google News site
is probably collecting all my bank account numbers in the background,
oh well.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 4, 2005 9:27:26 PM

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 10:37:49 AM

the thing is, an add-on is not a 'program' that runs along WoW... it
runs *in* WoW. There are no 'extra processes' running anywhere. It's
just WoW. It can't delete or modify files outside WoW and even can't
modify WoW files, just the files it creates. They can't access memory
outside WoW memory or even WoW's own allocated memory. WoW reserves a
space of memory for add-ons and they run there.
I'm also very paranoid of running things, but I can tell you, WoW
addons are safe and they can make life so much easier. You can even
open the files and see the code yourself, they are not 'compiled'
- If any of your characters has a gathering profession, you'll find
'Gatherer' VERY useful
- If you do any transactions in AH, you'll find 'Auctioneer' VERY
useful. My income since I installed has gone from like 20s a day to
like 5g a day (at lvl 32), hell I just made 24g yesterday in one item
because of it (saw it selling at 1g and auctioneer said it could be
sold at 25g, so I bought it and put it back at 25g, and it sold!)

Another one I want to try is Atlas, since I always get lost at the
first turn in a dungeon, and don't even think about asking me where
'Count Joe' is in the dungeon, I won't remember.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 11:55:51 AM

well so far I haven't used any add-on for actual fights, only for
out-of-combat play, although I read with interest an add-on for
paladins, I haven't tried it. Not sure I *want* to try it. Part of
the fun in the game is making decisions in the heat of combat. Who to
heal, which heal to use, etc. And these add-ons that make the
decisions for you, I'm afraid they'd take affect the playing
experience. Sure I may not be as fast or as good as if I had the
add-on, but I'll probably have more fun than just clicking a mob and
push a 'you heal' button.
Although I'm itching to try it... :)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 7:06:22 PM

chocolatemalt wrote:
> In article <ai25f1dd98beef3a0mnurr97duckfp2vr1@4ax.com>,
> Brian <brianmcadam@pobox.com> wrote:
<s>
>>When the very next post I saw from you was speculation on keyloggers in a
>>gag website, you exceeded my inane threshold, and I was forced to publicly
>>mock you. Nothing personal, really. (And if you hadn't responded again, I
>>wouldn't have bothered to explain it, I would've been content to let it
>>quietly die)
>

> This is where you've overreached. The concern about keylogger exploits
> from shady websites is perfectly legit (particularly where game accounts
> can be stolen and the stuff sold for real-life profit), and no more
> paranoid than being worried about email viruses and internet worms. The
> environment is swimming with them. Microsoft in particular is legendary
> for having ignored major vulnerabilities in Windows/IE/Outlook for
> *months* at a time, meaning you can have a completely patched and
> up-to-date Win2k/XP and IE6 and still get a worm by doing nothing more
> than having your OS booted and connected to the net, and still have IE
> (and the OS) owned by nearly impossible to kill spyware if you visit an
> evil website. Ad-aware/Spybot/Mcafee/Norton will not clean the worst of
> this malware... be prepared for 5+ hrs of diagnosis, hunting down
> specialized eradication utilities, dozens of reboots, and/or a
> re-install.
>
> If you've avoided this, you are either very fortunate or you're on a Mac
> (or Linux). Even the most rigorously configured and maintained
> content-filtering external firewall can't handle a zero-day exploit, so
> at some point after all your preparation, keeping Windows completely
> malware-free just comes down to luck.

I am very paranoid when it comes to the security of my windows 98se
system. So yesterday I gave Panda Online a go on my system (in addition
to my usual F-Prot scans from a MS-DOS bootable floppy/FAT32).
<http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/&gt; if anyone wants to give it a
go, it also detects spyware (which _could_ log your keypresses IMHO).

I was shocked to find one spyware program that couldn't be removed and
seven virii. When the scan was complete I saw that all the virii were in
a zip file of my (very) old e-mail account, which I thus never executed.
A number of them were Outlook Express IFrame exploits, but I have never
used OE.

So I ran Ad-Aware to get rid of the spyware. Well, it didn't find
SaveNow at all (registry entry). But did find Alexa (that comes with
Internet Explorer, so there is probably nothing to worry about).
The report of Panda said "Adware:adware/savenow No disinfected
Windows Registry"

I hope my system is safe now that I have confirmed that they were all
false alarms.

I just wanted to say that I have very good experiences with Kerio
Personal Firewall. It is too bad that they just stopped supporting
Windows 98SE, so I am stuck with 4.1.3 (download it now if you can find
it!).

If you set it on advanced, it will give a warning whenever a new
application starts. It is a bit of a pain when updating World of
Warcraft, but once you run the game and approve all the applications for
it, you will never get a warning again (unless.. you have a trojan!)

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.as... is also an
online virusscanner and http://www.kerio.com/kpf_download.html is the
firewall I use. http://www.f-prot.com/download/home_user/ is a very cool
commandline driven scanner, that won't run to great on NTFS however :-(

Ad-Aware can be found on <http://www.lavasoft.de/&gt;.
<http://www.hitmanpro.nl/&gt; is a very thorough adware scanner, but only
runs on Windows 2000/XP unfortunately :-( It also is hell in combination
with Kerio (which you should probably turn off while using hitman pro 2,
unless you want to sit by your computer for a couple of quarters,
clicking 'allow' all the time).

That said, if you only have WoW on your machine with the PW and don't
even use it to browse the web or read your mail, there is little need
for a real-time virusscanner or even a firewall. Weekly scans should do
IMNSHO. That should free up some more system resources to use with WoW.

Ratio: If WoW is the only program running on your computer, nothing else
will pick up the phone when some program tries to exploit your system.
There are some processes running in Windows that you should keep patched
with windowsupdate.microsoft.com, but appart from them it will be very
hard to hack a system running only WoW. I would feel safer with Kerio
though, but that is just a personal feeling I have.

You're too kind,
Thomas
- --
"Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you" - APA-S
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 7:58:20 PM

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 5, 2005 11:04:36 PM

wolfing wrote:
> well so far I haven't used any add-on for actual fights, only for
> out-of-combat play, although I read with interest an add-on for
> paladins, I haven't tried it. Not sure I *want* to try it. Part of
> the fun in the game is making decisions in the heat of combat. Who to
> heal, which heal to use, etc. And these add-ons that make the
> decisions for you, I'm afraid they'd take affect the playing
> experience. Sure I may not be as fast or as good as if I had the
> add-on, but I'll probably have more fun than just clicking a mob and
> push a 'you heal' button.
> Although I'm itching to try it... :)

So far I have had several occasions where I got aggro as a healer and I
was forced to heal myself, but pushed the heal number key while still
having some party member selected. Then I heal again and this thing
happens again. Then I usually die terribly and the rest of the party
with me because the mobs that were on me now attack the rest of my party
:-)) (I play a lot with other druids somehow, so we sometimes both tank
without a healer when we feel like it or when it is safe to do so)

Guess I really could have used some add-on then ;-)
Thomas
--
Life is like a videogame with no chance to win - ATR
!