kousik1987

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
[:kousik1987]
Since 2 month my pc facing a restart related problem. The problem is peculiar. It never happened in the day time. It happens just at night. My pc is not heating much. In idle mood it 35c – 36c. & in load 46c – 50c. What should I do now. Please suggest.

Sometimes Windows Updates are set to 'Automatic Updates' (which is recommended) and the time for downloading these updates is around 2AM. In some cases, these updates require an automatic restart and that is what the computer will do.

However, in the morning you should see a message stating "Your PC was restarted to install updates"

This will happen once or twice a month in most cases.

kousik1987

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
1st. our power grid is really good here. its very stable. So i am sure that is not a problem. & i didn't make any kind of hardware or software change in last 2 month.

2nd. i turn of automatic Update. & when the pc boot again it show me a error masg that said " The system has recovered from a serious error"

"The system has recovered from a serious error" - This is a blue screen error (BSOD) and must be resolved.

Usually the RAM is the culprit. Check the RAM one module at a time in order to find out which one is the bad module. If necessary, you can use "memtest86" to check the RAM modules.

You still need to find out why this happens only at night.

kousik1987

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
The blue sceen never appear.... its just restart with out any msg. just after it boot in the OS then it says it recovered from a critical error. & i test my ram to... it performing really well. & if it bcoz of the RAM . then why just night.... it shud happen in day time to... It kind of a stupid problem ..i know but i need to know why is this happening..

^ Yes I agree with you! Try one more thing. Plug the computer directly into the wall plug instead of going through a power outlet strip.

Sometimes a defective power outlet strip will create the problems that you describe. But why only at night I do not know. Obviously something is happening at night that doesn't happen during the day. This you must investigate based on your environment.