WoW: What to do against freezing?

Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 30, 2005 6:15:52 PM

Hello,

sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
driver for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?

Chrisi

--
Diese Signatur wurde von MesNews automatisch erstellt.
Webseite http://www.mesnews.net

More about : wow freezing

July 31, 2005 3:14:28 PM

Chrisi Kohl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
> driver for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
>
> Chrisi

Use a sweater?
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 31, 2005 9:59:36 PM

> Chrisi Kohl wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest driver
>> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
>>
>> Chrisi
>>
> Use a sweater?

Hello,

you are right. Many thanks! Now it works perfectly!

Chrisi

--
Die E-Mail-Adresse ist gültig, jedoch werden alle eingehenden E-Mails
gelöscht. Falls nicht anders möglich E-Mails bitte ankündigen.

In article <3l4araF10t17tU1@individual.net>,
"Chrisi Kohl" <chrisisusenet@freenet.de> wrote:

> > Chrisi Kohl wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest driver
> >> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
> >>
> >> Chrisi
> >>
> > Use a sweater?
>
> Hello,
>
> you are right. Many thanks! Now it works perfectly!
>
> Chrisi

We really need a lot more info before anyone could venture an educated
guess about what your problem is. When you say the "game freezes", is
it just the application? Can you kill the app and restart it just fine?
If so, you may want to disable all add-ons (if any) and try again. It
could also be a RAM problem that is only uncovered with WoW if you don't
use other large apps -- use memtest86 to verify. It could also just be
a fatal WoW bug... I get these rarely, about once every 50 hours of
playtime, if that, and it sounds like it's pretty rare for most other
players as well. Check the tech forum on the WoW website for lots of
pointers.

If in fact your whole machine is seizing, then you likely have a
hardware problem -- overheating or glitching cpu, ram, vidcard,
motherboard... tons of possibilities. Bad drivers are possible too;
occasionally the latest driver is problematic and the software vendor
will tell you to avoid upgrading. To pursue this venue, assemble a
bunch more details about your rig and post in one of these more
appropriate groups:

alt.comp.hardware
alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Good luck.

--
Eonar: Hemophage (60), Human warrior Purge (56), Undead mage
Dagobert (34), Human mage Vaik (12), Night Elf rogue

> Hello,
>
> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest driver
> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?

Does it do it when you walk into Ironforge or Ogrimmar? Its a common and
universal problem! :)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 11:48:41 AM

Check all the fans, (especially the graphics card), make sure they are
not totally clogged up with dust and actually spinning.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 1, 2005 1:11:14 PM

Am Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:39:16 +0100 schrieb Fugwump:

>> Hello,
>>
>> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest driver
>> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?

5.6 or 5.7 drivers? Had the same issues and downgraded to 5.4 drivers -
all problems went away.
HTH,
Joerg

--
Joerg Mosthaf - Ceterum censeo, microsoftem delendam esse.
-------------------------------------

>>sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
>>driver for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?

that can be if you got a low-cost Power supply. I would recommend
Enermax. The cheapest Enermax 350W Model can take anything, I got
one and it feeds the Athlon XP 3200+ (754 Socket) 2200@2475 MHz
without any problem.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 2, 2005 4:11:09 AM

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 3, 2005 3:42:08 AM

"Joerg Mosthaf" <joerg_mosthaf@gmx.de> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.08.01.07.11.14.63584@gmx.de...
> Am Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:39:16 +0100 schrieb Fugwump:
>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
>>> driver
>>> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
>
> 5.6 or 5.7 drivers? Had the same issues and downgraded to 5.4 drivers -
> all problems went away.
> HTH,
> Joerg

Similar thing happens to me when flying. Usually have to restart the game.
Should pull my finger out and install the old drivers.
!