WoW: What to do against freezing?

Hello,

sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
driver for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?

Chrisi

--
Diese Signatur wurde von MesNews automatisch erstellt.
Webseite http://www.mesnews.net

    Chrisi Kohl wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
    > driver for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
    >
    > Chrisi

    Use a sweater?

    > Chrisi Kohl wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest driver
    >> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
    >>
    >> Chrisi
    >>
    > Use a sweater?

    Hello,

    you are right. Many thanks! Now it works perfectly!

    Chrisi

    --
    Die E-Mail-Adresse ist gültig, jedoch werden alle eingehenden E-Mails
    gelöscht. Falls nicht anders möglich E-Mails bitte ankündigen.

    In article <3l4araF10t17tU1@individual.net>,
    "Chrisi Kohl" <chrisisusenet@freenet.de> wrote:

    > > Chrisi Kohl wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hello,
    > >>
    > >> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest driver
    > >> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
    > >>
    > >> Chrisi
    > >>
    > > Use a sweater?
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > you are right. Many thanks! Now it works perfectly!
    >
    > Chrisi

    We really need a lot more info before anyone could venture an educated
    guess about what your problem is. When you say the "game freezes", is
    it just the application? Can you kill the app and restart it just fine?
    If so, you may want to disable all add-ons (if any) and try again. It
    could also be a RAM problem that is only uncovered with WoW if you don't
    use other large apps -- use memtest86 to verify. It could also just be
    a fatal WoW bug... I get these rarely, about once every 50 hours of
    playtime, if that, and it sounds like it's pretty rare for most other
    players as well. Check the tech forum on the WoW website for lots of
    pointers.

    If in fact your whole machine is seizing, then you likely have a
    hardware problem -- overheating or glitching cpu, ram, vidcard,
    motherboard... tons of possibilities. Bad drivers are possible too;
    occasionally the latest driver is problematic and the software vendor
    will tell you to avoid upgrading. To pursue this venue, assemble a
    bunch more details about your rig and post in one of these more
    appropriate groups:

    alt.comp.hardware
    alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
    alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
    alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

    Good luck.

    --
    Eonar: Hemophage (60), Human warrior Purge (56), Undead mage
    Dagobert (34), Human mage Vaik (12), Night Elf rogue

    > Hello,
    >
    > sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest driver
    > for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?

    Does it do it when you walk into Ironforge or Ogrimmar? Its a common and
    universal problem! :)

    Check all the fans, (especially the graphics card), make sure they are
    not totally clogged up with dust and actually spinning.

    Am Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:39:16 +0100 schrieb Fugwump:

    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest driver
    >> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?

    5.6 or 5.7 drivers? Had the same issues and downgraded to 5.4 drivers -
    all problems went away.
    HTH,
    Joerg

    --
    Joerg Mosthaf - Ceterum censeo, microsoftem delendam esse.
    -------------------------------------

    Chrisi Kohl wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
    > driver for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
    >
    > Chrisi

    Buy Intel.

    --
    Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
    http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

    >>sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
    >>driver for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?

    that can be if you got a low-cost Power supply. I would recommend
    Enermax. The cheapest Enermax 350W Model can take anything, I got
    one and it feeds the Athlon XP 3200+ (754 Socket) 2200@2475 MHz
    without any problem.

    "Joerg Mosthaf" <joerg_mosthaf@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > Am Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:39:16 +0100 schrieb Fugwump:
    >
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> sometimes the Game freezes. AMD´s Cool&Quit is deactivated. Newest
    >>> driver
    >>> for Radeon 9600 is installed. Any Ideas?
    >
    > 5.6 or 5.7 drivers? Had the same issues and downgraded to 5.4 drivers -
    > all problems went away.
    > HTH,
    > Joerg

    Similar thing happens to me when flying. Usually have to restart the game.
    Should pull my finger out and install the old drivers.

World Of Warcraft Warcraft Video Games