Sign in with
Your question

How many cables in the ANTEC ?

Last response: in Components
December 30, 2012 7:59:43 AM

Gday this is my first build
I opend my ANEC High Current Pro 750w 80 plus Gold wich is modular.
The back of the ANTEC has 4 red sockets labled PCIE but I could only find 1 socket to go into them.
It is advertised as 4 x 40a, I thought ther would be 4 lots PCIE wireing ?

More about : cables antec

December 30, 2012 9:56:22 AM

Congratulations, you've just invalidated your warranty and any comeback you may have had should your power supply fail.
m
l
December 30, 2012 10:00:37 AM

He means he open the box numbnut. Yes it should have had 2 pcie 6+2 pin connectors and 2 8 pin pcie connectors in there..Id give them a call they may send them to you..
m
l
Related resources
December 30, 2012 10:41:56 AM

And don't tell them what that you tried those cables/connectors on different sockets just to find which one fits, it will help you keep your warranty. Just state the basic information of what's not in the box and what you need, all other information is to be kept unless asked. :) 
m
l
December 31, 2012 8:24:42 AM

Thanks for your reply
Antec has 2 x ( 6+2 ) but there in parralel ALL IN THE 1 WIRING BUNDEL . Not 1 lot of ( 6+2 ) and a 2nd lot of ( 6+ 2) to plug into a differant socket on the Antec . So I have 4 PCIE sockets in the back of the Antec EACH CAPABLE OF 40 AMPS , But with the wiring bundel I am suposed to runn all my GPUs off 1 socket , AND LEAVE 3 PCIE SOCKETS EMPTY ?
m
l
January 1, 2013 1:58:26 AM

You can just plug the spare 6+2 power connect and leave it tied in the case unused if you only have 1 GPU that requires a 6pin or 8 pin connector.
m
l
January 1, 2013 11:22:32 AM

noobie007 said:
Thanks for your reply
Antec has 2 x ( 6+2 ) but there in parralel ALL IN THE 1 WIRING BUNDEL . Not 1 lot of ( 6+2 ) and a 2nd lot of ( 6+ 2) to plug into a differant socket on the Antec . So I have 4 PCIE sockets in the back of the Antec EACH CAPABLE OF 40 AMPS , But with the wiring bundel I am suposed to runn all my GPUs off 1 socket , AND LEAVE 3 PCIE SOCKETS EMPTY ?

2 x pcie connectors on a strand that is permanently attached
2 x pcie connectors on a modular cable
Fine for pretty much any dual card configuration ( I'd want a bigger psu if I was doubling up on dual gpu cards )
You can buy spare modular cables if you need them
m
l
!