Sign in with
Your question
Solved

BF3 Freezing my PC randomly

Last response: in Systems
August 15, 2012 11:43:16 AM

I have a problem: every time I play BF3, my PC just freezes randomly and I have no other option but restarting it with the switch.
I don't have the best PC specs, and I am planning to upgrade.
My question: what to upgrade first (so that this stops happening), GPU or CPU/Mobo/RAM?

Specs:
- CPU: E7300 @ 2.66Ghz
- Mobo: ASUS P5QL PRO
- RAM: 4Gb
- GPU: SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 5670 1GDDR5

More about : bf3 freezing randomly

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2012 12:00:28 PM

freezing can be caused by a few different things , but your graphics card is definitely the weakest link

So thats what I would upgrade first
a b B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2012 12:04:29 PM

Freezing isn't caused by a weak graphics card, it means something is wrong in your system. PSU would be the most probable culprit.
Related resources

Best solution

August 15, 2012 12:45:24 PM

FinneousPJ said:
Freezing isn't caused by a weak graphics card, it means something is wrong in your system. PSU would be the most probable culprit.

the graphics load of playing BF3 will be high and overheating of the card could produce those symptoms

And if you want to upgrade this computer for gaming the graphics card is definitely the place to start
a b B Homebuilt system
August 15, 2012 12:51:38 PM

I thought he wanted to fix the freezing. What's the point of upgrading the GPU if it's still going to freeze if the problem was elsewhere? :lol: 
August 15, 2012 1:06:17 PM

FinneousPJ said:
I thought he wanted to fix the freezing. What's the point of upgrading the GPU if it's still going to freeze if the problem was elsewhere? :lol: 

Hey, I need to upgrade my GPU anyway ;) 
I was already opting for that, but I wasn't sure about the CPU maybe causing a problem.
August 15, 2012 5:40:06 PM

Well, i remember BF3 used to crash when i had 4GB of RAM on 32-bit windows. 64-bit windows fixed it.

I have a C2Q Q8400, and at that time had a 9600GT.
August 15, 2012 11:39:02 PM

FinneousPJ said:

At the very minimum he wants the upgrade anyway , and replacing the gpu will either fix the problem or let him know that the problem is something else
August 18, 2012 12:00:01 PM

Best answer selected by lostitz0r.
!