Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Gigabyte 7870 OC

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • MSI 7870 OC

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • PoweColor 7870 OC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why don't you read the reviews of each card?

My vote is for the MSI 7870.I have always known them as providing superior quality cards.In fact I don't think I've ever heard anything bad about their cards ever.

Sapphire 7870
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5767/capsule-review-sapphires-radeon-hd-7870-overclock-edition/

Gigabyte 7870
http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-radeon-hd-7870-oc-review/

MSI 7870
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/HD_7870_Twin_Frozr/

Powercolor 7870
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/4608/powercolor_pcs_radeon_hd_7870_ghz_oc_edition_2gb_video_card_review/index1.html

Sorry they couldn't all be from the same site.

randomkid

Distinguished
All cost being the same, I also like the MSI the most & the Power Color the least.

@OP, it would have been better if you put the exact link to those options. Purple stank has been very helpful by posting the links but we can only guess whether these are exactly what you mean.

lanceor

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
I've been a Sapphire fan since I bought 5770 Vapor-X, since these cards aren't cheap I want the best of them xD haha

So any comment for Sapphire's 7870?

Now it comes down to Sapphire and MSi!

Untitled-10.png

Within the past month or two I've bought three different XFX cards from the HD7000 family; the HD7750, Double-D HD7770, and Double-D HD7870. None have given me any trouble. All are quiet, and easily as fast as I was expecting.
Of those you list though, I'd also choose MSI. When I was looking at HD7770s, I found a review somewhere (sorry, don't remember where) of one of the Sapphire cards that had an iron-core choke (rather than the more efficient ferrite-core) on one of its VRM circuits. That's a piddling details, but if it is the only thing to go on, I'd take the MSi. Gigabyte and Powercolor are unknowns to me, although the single Powercolor card I bought (a HD6670 for my father) is still running fine.

lanceor

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

What do you mean iron-core choke?

Also read something about micro stuttering on the Sapphire HD7850, any news about it aswell on the HD7870?

Can't believe this, there isn't a MSi 7870 Hawk edition in my country. -.-

I'm having doubts either of this cards would fit on my motherboard Intel DX58SO

A choke is a coil used as a filter, in this case a part of the voltage regulator on the card. These chokes use a core made of a magnetic material. Iron obviously is magnetic, and is the "cheap" choice. There's a ferrite compound that is also used in chokes which apparently makes little difference other than reducing energy lost as heat. They are slightly more expensive.
I would think you're more likely to see microstuttering on a pair of HD6850s than on a pair of HD7850s, but I haven't done personal research on it. Since you're buying a HD7870, hopefully it won't be an issue at all.

Edit: Their mobos are great, but 2/4 Asus graphics card I bought died within days of first use. I usually buy HIS or XFX.

lanceor

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

Microstuttering only occur on crossfire? so that means nothing like that will happen on a single card. I see!

Do you know if my either of the 7870's would fit onto my motherboard Intel DX58SO?
I'm trying to search the net about these stuff but I can't seem to find one since Intel DX58SO was released at the time corei7-920s were the top processors

I'll be scouting PC shops in my country for MSi 7870 tomorrow, hopefully I can find one selling it.

And oh yeah how do you know if its a reference card or non-reference card?

randomkid

Distinguished

The 7870 will definitely fit in the mobo. The question you wish to ask, perhaps, is whether there is space in your case or whether the card will block any critical ports or headers? I check the Intel DX58SO image and 2 of the 6 SATA ports may be blocked by double slot cards but only if you do Crossfire. Otherwise, all your SATA ports are free.

lanceor

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012

I'm using the CoolerMaster USP100 one, i think its a pretty big Casing, lol.

Thanks so much, I checked the websites of a single store selling these cards in my country I converted them into USDs

These are non-OC ones since because the store only sells Sapphire OC cards

MSI HD 7870 Twin Frozr III 2gb/256bit ddr5 295USD
Power Color HD 7870 2gb/256bit ddr5 340USD
Sapphire HD 7870 2gb/256bit ddr5 349USD

Why is MSI's cheapest of the 3 xD

I see thank you very much, I've been watching linus tech tips and motherboards on youtube, keep mentioning reference things and i dont know what it meant.