folder background text (win2k vs XP)

First off: thanks for the reply, Wesley.

Hmm...while that might kind of work, what im shooting for is this:
again, in win2k when you put up a folder wallpaper, you could select
not only the text color, but the bar behind the text; meaning, i always
used default black text, but had a white border around it, so regardless
of the wallpaper color, the text was always easily readable.

I'm simply trying to figure out how to create such a white border
around my filenames so that i can still see them & maintain the
customized folder. Again, thanks in advance for any help offered!

--
Irish Cowboy

Irish Cowboy,

I don't really understand. ;-(

Here are some KB articles that might help.

Desktop icons and icon labels may not display background transparency or the
drop shadow effect in Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305117

How to Change the Font, Size, and Colors of Desktop Items
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310543

HOW TO: Enable or Disable the New Interface Components in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/288186/EN-US

How to configure Desktop Themes in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307855

HOW TO: Use the Windows Classic Theme in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294309

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes